Talk

Advanced search

When dad isnt involved

(9 Posts)
FrenchieCurls Tue 24-Jan-17 22:14:15

Ive got a DS of 14 and DD of 8. Both dads arent involved with the kids. Theyve both grown up with just me really. Anyone else in this situation? Surely its not unusual?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 24-Jan-17 22:50:58

I'm not in the same situation but have friends that are. It's maybe a wee bit unusual but in this day and age it's not something I'd bat much of an eyelid at.

Does it bother you? Is that why you ask?

FrenchieCurls Tue 24-Jan-17 23:00:46

It does slightly. I dont care what anyone thinks but i never imagined neither dad being involved with my kids. ds dad left when i was pregnant and dd dad left when she was 2. I notice ds has an old head and i worry hes never been in a child friendly family with mum and dad so maybe thats why

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 24-Jan-17 23:07:02

Usually in one parent families there are other friends or family members who fill that 'void' though.

Besides, it's not like they've known any different so they aren't missing out as such.

It is a shame as I very much doubt that many parents go into a pregnancy envisioning having to do everything themselves for years but so long as your DC's are happy and loved then that's all that matters.

R2G Wed 25-Jan-17 01:22:41

Does the two year old dad have nothing to do with at all? It's so hard to imagine falling in love with your baby/ toddler and leaving. My exH is dwindling contact more and more - he was obsessed with DC as a baby, hard to believe he no longer really cares X I've met someone else since hope you do.

FrenchieCurls Wed 25-Jan-17 07:33:32

Dd is 8 now and her dad was much the same obsessed as a baby then started to lose interest which is sad

Ladygaggia Wed 25-Jan-17 07:37:46

My children are 15 and 12. My exH and I separated almost 2 years ago.
He has hardly anything to do with them. Doesn't financially support them and hasn't seen them since Boxing Day even though he's local.
I can't make him.
He says if the kids were interested they'd contact him...well I think he needs to do the running.

I feel bad that they've got such a crap father.

user1477282676 Wed 25-Jan-17 08:00:07

I know a number of children without a Dad active in their lives OP and they're all fine. Don't worry about it. Better to just have you than a crap Dad.

FrenchieCurls Wed 25-Jan-17 10:57:39

Gaga your kids were older so thats really sad your ex has decided to exit their lives. Dont feel bad im sure youre a fab mum x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now