Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be offended by Mil Facebook photos

(12 Posts)
bettybookam Tue 24-Jan-17 17:15:03

So I'm engaged, have a 9month baby and another on the way..
Came across MIL Facebook and noticed she has clearly cut me out of so many photos with her son..
And my son who is her grandchild.. I don't expect her to have photos of me at all but why couldn't she post ones I actually wasn't in.
I wouldn't put a photo of her on mine but neither would I cut her out if I had any..
I guess I'm like 3% bothered by this lol..
Like hellooo that baby come from someone it was meeeeee.... Lol

Chloe84 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:17:11

YANBU. Block her on Facebook and don't send her any photos of baby.

TheNaze73 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:21:18

Overthinking it.

Just block her

user1471517900 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:21:38

Make sure your arm is constantly around baby in the photos, or around her, so she has to accept a disembodied arm if she wants to do that. At a guess she wants to use baby as a profile pic or something?

OhSuckItUpDucky Tue 24-Jan-17 17:24:22

Oh god , I had this
Apparently it wasn't intentional , yeah right love

Oldraver Tue 24-Jan-17 17:26:43

My MIL did this but with a real photo...for some reason SIL kept trying to gatecrash our wedding photos...photographer was trying to get us in couple shots and she kept nipping in and linking arms with DH.

One of them our heads are leaning into each other, my veil is all over the shop and SIL plonked herself next to DH...cue MIL cutting me out of this photo (this was many years later) so it ended up really weird with DH's head slanted away from SIL's with a mass of veil in between

bettybookam Tue 24-Jan-17 18:15:54

OLDRAVER that is so bad omg lol.. Would have to ask her to leave..

I won't be sending anymore photos, it's mainly my OH sending her them. I won't mention it to him as he already thinks I don't like her.. (Cough cough) but I have good valid reasons eg.. Things she said when she found out I was pregnant .. Which deep down I won't ever really forgive...

There also isn't a option for me to add her as a friend on there 😂 assuming that's on purpose too lol.. Not that I would anyway ! Xx

Strongmummy Tue 24-Jan-17 19:24:11

Could it be that she didn't feel right posting a pic if you without your permission? Clutching at straws here maybe? 😂

MrsPringles Tue 24-Jan-17 19:59:28

My own mum does this, takes photos I've sent her of DS and I and she crops me out, posts me to FB and writes comments as if she is there with him

Drove me up the wall but I let is go now 🙄

CripsSandwiches Tue 24-Jan-17 20:03:32

That's honestly just weird. If a family member posted loads of baby pics but none of them included the mum I'd find it very odd.

CripsSandwiches Tue 24-Jan-17 20:03:45

(as I would if none of the photos included dad)

stella23 Tue 24-Jan-17 20:05:53

Maybe she thought she'd offend you if she didn't have your permission to post a photo of you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now