Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rude or just forgetful?

(15 Posts)
WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 12:26:19

My best friend says she is 'rubbish at replying to messages' but whenever she is with me she texts her boyfriend pretty much constantly. I sent her a nice text on her birthday 2 days ago saying happy birthday, have a lovely day, let me know when you're free and I'll take you out for tea (at her favourite restaurant). I've had no reply but she's been posting on fb etc so has had her phone. Do I need to stop being sensitive? I just feel miffed she hasn't even bothered replying even with a quick thanks, I'd never read someone's text like that and ignore.

Gottagetmoving Tue 24-Jan-17 12:40:11

Maybe she will text you when she is free to go out for tea. That is the question you asked.
She probably got lots of texts on her birthday - and it is only 2 days ago.

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 24-Jan-17 12:42:35

Yeah she will have got loads of messages. I'm crap at replying to messages, if I don't reply straight away I usually forget. I'm incredibly lazy as well which doesn't help

WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 12:43:23

Maybe yeah!! I'm just a bit annoyed.

MTB1003 Tue 24-Jan-17 12:57:21

Yanbu, it's been two days not two hours. That's very rude. Even if she isn't available at the moment to go for tea, it's only good manners to thank someone for the lovely gesture. As you say when you're with her she's always messaging her bf so seems like she doesn't think you're that much important to deserve a reply.

WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 13:00:50

That's how I feel MTB sad also didn't mean to drip feed as it's not really relevant to the post but he works 3 months on/ 3 months off so when he's abroad she'll suddenly start messaging me again. I know when he's home she'll obviously want to spend time with him but my DP gets annoyed with it and says it's not fair of her to drop me when he's back.

harderandharder2breathe Tue 24-Jan-17 13:01:26

Yanbu I had a friend like that and it really pissed me off because I clearly wasn't important enough to reply to, but when she was with me she would be texting other people straight back. We're not friends anymore

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 24-Jan-17 13:04:59

It is frustrating, I have a flakes friend who is even worse than me (I generally only forget to reply to conversation texts I always respond to questions/making plans). I have to text her about 3 times to get an answer for things usually but I know her phone is in her hand pretty much 24/7 (also I'm a single parent so responding to texts not always priority but my friend lives alone)

MTB1003 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:07:53

I could have guessed your reply op! Sounds like the typical user, who bases her priorities on what suits her. Her bf is around now so replying to you and going for tea will probably be a bother, but when he's away she'll remind you about your offer.

WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 13:09:02

That's the thing, I know her phone is always in her bloody hand!! Sometimes she will reply and we'll have a convo then she'll just stop suddenly and not reply. Gahh does my head in and I don't know whether to let it go because I enjoy her company when I do see her. I do tend to work myself up about things 😩

WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 13:10:22

Don't even want to go anymore MTB angry thing is I'm skint and don't really have much money for 'extras' but I thought it would be a nice thing to do as I hadn't got her a present or seen her on her birthday.

NancyDonahue Tue 24-Jan-17 13:34:30

I'd be upset too. It takes a few seconds to type 'Thanks, that would be lovely'.

One of my pet hates is people who don't reply to messages. Especially those, like your friend op, who you know are surgically attached to their phones.

WasabiNell Tue 24-Jan-17 14:48:46

She's just tagged me on something on Facebook confused

pinkieandperkie Tue 24-Jan-17 14:57:48

I would be a little upset because it takes seconds to reply.

TheNaze73 Tue 24-Jan-17 15:39:44

YANBU & she is bloody rude for texting her boyfriend when she is with you.

Some people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now