Talk

Advanced search

to want the OH to stop breathing. ...so bloody loudly?

(10 Posts)
druscilliah Tue 24-Jan-17 07:53:44

So I have 13 yr old DS who constantly moans about his spots, a 10 yr old DD who is the female version of Kevin, a one yr old who like to play musical beds at 2 am, a cat who's a miserable, stuck up little snob who squeaks at you if you move too much in bed and another cat who meows ALL the time, right in your face for no apparent reason. Oh and the deep breather. Now this may all be because ive had about 3 hours sleep, the kids are arguing in the other room and I can't find my e-cig but, heavens to murgatroid, husband Shut the hell up! I've got tinnitus in one ear, disco lights flashing in my face (baby monitor ) and YOU. YOU with your heavy breathing, turning into a snore in the other ear. Is it a snore? Is it just heavy breathing? Or are we switching between the two just to get right on my aunt Sallys??? Will a slight nudge shut you up? Throw a cat on your face? Or go the whole hog and shove a pillow onto your face. With just the teensiest bit of pressure? Just shut up and let me sleep! But sleep evaded me after all this because i started thinking about what to make for dinner, where to take baby, who really let the dogs out. AIBU? Rant over ladies, found my e-cig and the coffee grin now off to fight with the DD, but that's a story for another sleep deprived day!

NormaSmuff Tue 24-Jan-17 08:03:07

so relieved you found your ecig <<know the feeling>> grin

cakesandphotos Tue 24-Jan-17 08:15:39

I accidentally kick my DH when he snores/breathes like a freight train. It usually just stops the snoring and if he wakes up I pretend to be asleep grin

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Tue 24-Jan-17 08:17:41

grin YANBU. Pillow next time.

EdmundCleverClogs Tue 24-Jan-17 08:32:32

You have my sympathy. I share a bed with a one year old that sleeps spread-eagle, and a partner that would give Darth Vader a run for his money hmm. That's before the snoring kicks in, sounds like someone squeezing a large pig. I can't even kick nudge him anymore, as soon as I move the darling child starts worming around looking for milk. Nothing more fun than trying to roll your partner over, whilst a toddler is head butting your chest at 4am. Coffee is good though miss smoking so much .

latedecember1963 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:48:51

Foam ear plugs from the chemist or supermarket will save your sanity and possibly your OH's life in case you finally crack and smother him with a pillow in asleep- deprived stupor in the early hours. You have my sympathy!

Ifailed Tue 24-Jan-17 17:53:03

Have you asked what your breathing is like before you go completely bonkers - it's not just men who snore or sleep noisily.

Strongmummy Tue 24-Jan-17 18:46:31

Encourage the cat to sit on his face

OnlyTheDepthVaries Tue 24-Jan-17 19:24:57

I went to a medical talk once where the dangers of alcohol overindulgence were described. The doctor stated that snoring was the result of an obstructed airway and could be very dangerous.
Now, when I am laying awake next to a sleeping, snoring DH I debate whether to kick him to keep him alive or leave him to die. I am a bad person!!!

Allthewaves Tue 24-Jan-17 19:31:01

Earplugs, throw both cats at him and feign sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now