Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does your tumble drier crease things?

(19 Posts)
Millimat Mon 23-Jan-17 23:20:46

So everybody says to tumble clothes then as soon as it finishes remove things, shake and they won't need an iron. I tried this for the first time today with bedding. It took me twice as long as usual to iron it hmm

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 23-Jan-17 23:21:59

Do you just shove it in when it's wet or do you shake it out do first?

Is your bedding pure cotton?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 23-Jan-17 23:22:40

** random doconfused

Millimat Mon 23-Jan-17 23:26:21

Erm, I think I shook it first. Deff not pure cotton!

Titsywoo Mon 23-Jan-17 23:27:43

Depends on the material. Doesn't work for my bedding or shirts but most other things are fine.

RhodaBorrocks Mon 23-Jan-17 23:45:30

If you overfill it it will crease no matter what. I have an enormous tumble drier but have learned the hard way not to fill it to capacity because it means more ironing.

llangennith Mon 23-Jan-17 23:48:00

I don't care if bedding comes out creased so long as it's dry. Once it's on the bed the creases disappear.
Who irons bedding?grin

blueberryporridge Tue 24-Jan-17 00:35:43

Try using these spiky dryer balls. They reduce the drying time in the tumble dryer and make the washing much softer when it comes out - makes ironing easier or even unnecessary (although ironing bedding, with exception of pillowcases, is unnecessary in any case IMO!).

PenguinsandPebbles Tue 24-Jan-17 00:45:10

Who irons bedding? grin

Me grin have an iron setting on my dryer, and out the duvets come for a quick iron over before being put into their matching pillow cases or back on beds.

Cannot stand seeing creases on duvet covers (don't bother with sheets)

I also know I'm not the only one as I've seen others confess on housekeeping threads grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 24-Jan-17 05:46:17

I have an iron setting too! Never iron anything properly though.

Audreyhelp Tue 24-Jan-17 05:56:26

Always iron bedding . Would hate to get into a wrinkled bed.

icelollycraving Tue 24-Jan-17 08:07:21

It depends on the setting. For example I don't use the extra dry setting on mine for bedding as it creases like buggery.
I iron everything except sheets.

OhGodWhatTheHellNow Tue 24-Jan-17 08:19:16

What lolly said - if you overdry it you're buggered. Use a cupboard-dry or low heat setting. I iron virtually nothing and you wouldn't know.

Millimat Tue 24-Jan-17 15:38:15

I wouldn't want to go to the effort of stripping the bed only to have creased sheets!
Will stick with leaving them out to dry.

donajimena Tue 24-Jan-17 15:40:25

Mine doesn't but my old washer/dryer combi creased everything and made it crispy. Bloody horrible things washer/dryers

Millimat Tue 24-Jan-17 15:43:28

Ah mines a washer dryer. Maybe that's why?

Caboodle Tue 24-Jan-17 20:05:14

I don't overfill, mine isn't a washer drier and I don't leave it sat in once finished....all still needs ironing (inc bedding, creased sheets-urgh).

Haffiana Tue 24-Jan-17 22:35:11

Buy high thread-count pure cotton, the real stuff from somewhere like John Lewis (not the fake stuff from eBay etc). It doesn't need ironing.

Chocoholicmonster Tue 24-Jan-17 22:44:31

I can't remember the last time I touched an iron because everything seems to come out the dryer ironed. It's great. Bedding, clothes etc all crease free. I never shake it out before shoving it in but I do take it out the dryer as soon as its finished & fold or put away on hangers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now