Advanced search

To use the old bicarb or call in an expert?

(9 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Sun 22-Jan-17 19:57:45

I want to say first that I have problems with joint pain from the waist down.

Now my cooker badly needs cleaning and I managed to use the old fashioned bicarbonate of soda on the hob and it came up lovely, I have been inspired to do the rest, however my condition can get worse with too much strenuous exercise. I will be fine on my knees but getting up could be a problem. I am however trying to save my cash right now for a holiday in the summer.

I can get it done for me by a local chap for £40.00 so

Aibu to call in this chap?

Gottagetmoving Sun 22-Jan-17 20:01:23

Of course YANBU
Call the man in. Worth every penny.

dollydaydream114 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:02:26

You should call him. Cleaning an oven thoroughly is a horrible job for anyone, let alone someone with joint pain. He'll probably use industrial cleaning products too and get the job done really thoroughly. Better to spend the £40 and avoid making your condition worse.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Sun 22-Jan-17 20:22:41

I have one of those children's foot stools to sit on for this type of job.
Could you do one side of the oven each day, spread it out.

SerialReJoiner Sun 22-Jan-17 20:24:13

£40 is a bargain. I'd pay for it.

Fluffyears Sun 22-Jan-17 20:29:16

I got mine done, awesome and worth ever penny.

glueandstick Sun 22-Jan-17 20:30:02

Get someone in. Eventually change your oven for a pyrolytic one.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 22-Jan-17 20:31:17

Definitely get the man in.😀

witsender Sun 22-Jan-17 20:32:09

Get someone in. No doubt.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: