Talk

Advanced search

to not do dd's homework

(7 Posts)
2shoesisinvisible Sat 24-Feb-07 18:38:49

dd has cp so to do homework takes quite a while. she has just got back from respite. and I have just seen that she has homework. so too late to do it today. tomorow I am going out at mid day so the morning will be hectic with me getting stuff done. DH has never done homework with her so think it would be a bit much to ask. it is quite complicated and involves using her communication system.
do you think it resonable for me just to explain to the teacher about respite and me going out(I have said before that we can't do it when she is at reaspite)

doormat Sat 24-Feb-07 18:40:30

of course you can explain
btw msn is back on babes
xxx
so get online lol

WriggleJiggle Sat 24-Feb-07 18:43:37

Sounds perfectly reasonable. Perhaps you could suggest getting it done by the end of the week instead, or even by next Monday?

Crocky Sat 24-Feb-07 18:51:35

Sounds perfectly reasonable, but..
Why on earth would it be a bit much to ask dh to do it with her?

2shoesisinvisible Sat 24-Feb-07 18:56:33

he is alredy paying for me too go out and looking after her. the homework is not easy due to her sn and I am the one who has always done the school work with her. As I find it hard I think it would be worse for him. If it had just been reading or something along those lines he would have done it, but this involves a lot of second guessing and will be quite time consuming;
He is a brill dad and very hands on but this is not his thing;

SpookyMadMummy Sat 24-Feb-07 19:05:16

My SN DD responds better to me doing her homework than DH tbh...

2shoesisinvisible Sat 24-Feb-07 19:49:36

we have done it not sure if it was right but I got a 5 min window when she was keen to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now