Talk

Advanced search

To think I have something wrong with me?

(3 Posts)
charliebear78 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:43:14

Well,I am not entirely sure if I DO have something wrong or I am losing my mind..maybe both!

It all started a week before Christmas,I do suffer with IBS but this pain was different..more of a burning feeling below my navel and it didnt go away,moved around to my left rib cage and now its into my back.
My stomach churns constantly and i am burping all the time.
BM are pretty much normal.
Anyway in all this time I have been back and forth to the Docs(and I am not someone who goes usually)
I have had blood tests-normal
Celiac bloods-not come back yet
H Pylori-Neg
Endoscopy-all clear
Ultrasound-Clear
The Doc is now doing a stool sample for IBD and bloods for Ovarian Cancer markers.

I do feel like they have done most tests they can and I am grateful.
I do worry however and have at times really gotten very anxious,at one point I literally cried everyday and wasnt eating so I have lost weight through this also.
I cant help but google and think the worse.

It surely isnt normal to have back ache and constant burping for over 3 weeks?
I did buy a FOBT online(docs wont do one as I am under 50)
It came back pos which as only made me worry even more.
However I have suffered with piles in the past so thinking this could be a factor so trying to not become to panicked about this.
The Doc as now told me she is referring me to a gastro Doc but this will take months.
I feel on edge constantly and worry daily that I could have something really wrong with me.
Do I need a kick up the ass?

tessiebear4 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:48:23

Definitely have all the tests etc, but bear in mind that anxiety can play havoc with digestion as well.

esiotrot2015 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:49:59

Yes I was thinking the same

When I'm anxious my stomach churns and is unsettled

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now