Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

That I am getting really annoyed with Friend's DD??

(10 Posts)
jhyesmum Sat 24-Feb-07 17:14:34

I feel really bad about this, but I have got our friend's DD today as he is helping my DH with the kitchen.

I normally have the patients of a saint, but I am going to go out a buy a large bottle of red later.

She is constantly whining. Wanting food, drink, toys, drawing etc etc. This isn't a problem, but whatever i'm getting she doesn't want it, she wants something else. I've said that toys and drawing are in the bedroom(as my living room has half the kitchen in), but no, she wants to do it down here in the living room. she wants to sit in the chair my DS is in, so DS lets her, then she doesn't.

AHHHHHHHH!!! I feel so awful because i feel like this. DS was never like this.

Spidermama Sat 24-Feb-07 17:16:31

Don't feel awfvul. Other peoples' kids can drive you mad. Can you give her something to play with in another room then ignore her and quaff the red.

isaidno Sat 24-Feb-07 17:17:19

It's ok for kids to get on your nerves - esp. if they are not your own!

jhyesmum Sat 24-Feb-07 17:18:44

I'm glad i'm normal!

She's eating that many sweets and chocolates, she'll be sick.

Even DS is getting fed up!

Spidermama Sat 24-Feb-07 17:23:27

I've been driven to distraction by other poeple's kids at times. Remember it's ok to tell them off as you would your own. They are in your house so your rules apply.

I find it's better to tell them off before you get too irritable as then you can do it calmly and with less guilt involved.

3sEnough Sat 24-Feb-07 17:40:13

Just remember - other peoples children are there to remind you just how nice your own are (at times!) Repeat after me - patience of a saint - there's a nice drink in it for me.

tubismybub Sat 24-Feb-07 17:41:28

Stop giving into her demands and tell her firmly that you do not want to hear anymore whining.

jhyesmum Sat 24-Feb-07 18:02:02

Thanks Girls!!

I have put my foot down, and she didn't like it - tough tits i think! If she eats any more she will explode.

My DS has ADHD, and he is being an angel!

Lizzer Sat 24-Feb-07 22:35:28

Jhyesmum, oh that sounds soooooo familiar! One of dd's friends is very hard work to have in my house, I expect children age 6-7 to have the basics of how to act when you're a guest in someone else's house (OMG I sound like my mother there, but its true!) I only mean the little things like basic please and thankyou's, don't ask for things wait to be asked. I'm NOT talking about trashing bedrooms or getting ALL the toys out, that's absolutely FINE, and a child's perogative. But c'mon, there's a difference and everyone knows it. Well done for nipping it in the bud and LOL 3'senough "other peoples children are there to remind you just how nice your own are (at times!)"

Enjoy your wine

jhyesmum Mon 26-Feb-07 16:27:33

I totally agree with you!

I had her until 10.30 on Saturday, and she didn't stop whinging! Then........DS's birthday yesterday, so obviously DH asked is mate to bring her a long.

She sat in the middle of Planet Zoom crying. Didn't stop eating and drinking! And then when we got back here, didn't stop again. she might as well live in my fridge!

I don't mind kids who come round to have some thing to eat, but when I say, in a little while, she asks every second until i get it!

Bless her she is cute, but oh my word!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now