Talk

Advanced search

To expect hooks on shampoo bottles..

(35 Posts)
scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:11:36

Just as much as shower gels??

I've been loving my boots showergel with a hook and have two hooks in my shower, tried to find a nice shampoo with a hook..and it seems impossible...

Surely everyone with a shower washes hair in the shower, right?

So why are all shampoos in hookless bottles..?

TELL ME WHY!!!angry

SummerSazz Sun 22-Jan-17 09:13:00

My shower has a shelf and the bottles sit on there. No hooks needed!

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:14:52

oh..lah-di-dah, good for you!grin

but why if everyone has a liddle shelfy-welfy do they do ot with shower gel bottles then..huh???

Still angry

MrsLyons Sun 22-Jan-17 09:15:18

Clean an empty shower gel bottle and refill with shampoo?

But yes, I agree with you. It would make life easier.

EggnogChai Sun 22-Jan-17 09:16:43

Those hooky bottles as ugly AF 🚫🚫🚫

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:17:02

oh yes thank you..i'll get the maid right on it... or decant everything into special containers... but its just the thing.. why don't they???

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:17:59

haha not the Radox ones..the ones tgat look like a cute questionmark or cartoon hair

DesolateWaist Sun 22-Jan-17 09:18:44

I see your point op. If shower gel gets a hook then why not other stuff.

FrancisCrawford Sun 22-Jan-17 09:20:04

I wouldn't want a hook, as you've got to unhook it to use it. Plus have something to hang it from. Then you have the conditioner, the body wash etc all of which need somewhere to go (or hang)

Just get shelves for the shower. You can get ones with suction caps.

steff13 Sun 22-Jan-17 09:21:02

If your shower doesn't have a shelf, you can buy one of these.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sun 22-Jan-17 09:23:51

Shower gels come with hooks?! What?

OP get yourself to ikea, they have a whole range of bathrooms shelves that you can attach to the tiles with suction caps. No maid required.

londonrach Sun 22-Jan-17 09:27:40

Hate bottles with hooks they fall over. Only ever had one or two ever and got rid of them. Silly idea. Never understood shower gel. It just washes away before you can get a nice lather. Nice bar of soap every time.... (goes off point)

PhoenixJasmine Sun 22-Jan-17 09:29:43

May I suggest a bath, scaryclown, as you sound like you might need to relax grin and your username is incredibly apt right now

You could go the whole hog and invest in wall-mounted dispensers to put your shower gel/shampoo/conditioner in, and have a totally minimalist shower, then you could buy products in bulk and save packaging and money. Or you could switch to solid shampoo, even greener, and that can sit on the little soap shelf thing attached to most showers. Who uses soap in the shower anyway?

Personally, I have a wire basket on the windowsill where in-use stuff lives along with shower hat, hair ties, bath plug etc. Looks and feels fancy pants but neat and tidy too.

The world would be boring if all bathrooms were the same smile

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:31:44

you dont lather under the shower!

a basket in the shower head?!?!

Stick on shelves?

' i domt want hooks so.you shouldn't '

Jeez throw me a frikkin bone grin

londonrach Sun 22-Jan-17 09:34:25

Op. this is one of the mn you need to get to be considered a regular. 😜 Cant find a bone...how about a puppy instead 🐶

picklemepopcorn Sun 22-Jan-17 09:39:12

If the manufacturers see this thread, I don't think they'll be rushing to repackage including hooks.
I've a basket with suction hooks. I'd have to fit more hooks to hang the shampoo.

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:39:26

Its true, i do need a bath to relax! I dint have one ..perverersely my 'luxury flat' is all showers...i wish it did i would be in there reading a nice book ... i actually used to have soap dispensers but freaked out one day because i felt like i was in a care home grin

scaryclown Sun 22-Jan-17 09:41:44

and londonrach the toft of someone throwing me a puppy in the shower is making me feel very odd and worrying about blocked drains

PhoenixJasmine Sun 22-Jan-17 09:47:13

Soap dispensers make me feel like I'm at a posh health club/hotel, not a care home! Do they have them in care homes?

I feel your pain with not having a bath. I didn't have one for 3 years, the opportunity for a bath was one of the highlights of all visits to friends/family/hotels! It did mean I put a lot of effort into lux-ing my shower though, with a lovely big shelf rack stocked with different flavours of shower gel for different occasions/moods. Could quite take a glass of wine in there though. Sad times.

imnottoofussed Sun 22-Jan-17 09:50:38

I think everything should have hooks. I have shelves in the shower, they are full of things like hair mask, shaving foam, exfoliator etc. It annoys me that I have to perch my shampoo and conditioner and face wash on the shower controls bit. I got a new body wash in a set over Xmas, it's lovely but doesn't have a hook damn it.

PhoenixJasmine Sun 22-Jan-17 10:01:07

Maybe we could manufacture universal reusable hooks that can attach to all shapes and sizes of product bottle. There's clearly a gap in the market. We could make millions! Maybe even get on dragon's den.

Bantanddec Sun 22-Jan-17 10:22:02

Just buy a fucking shelf

FrancisCrawford Sun 22-Jan-17 10:30:25

Actually, I do lather under the shower.

It's actually very normal to do that

It's also perfectly normal to disagree with a poster in AIBU and to give a personalised reason for that disagreement.

If your shower doesn't have shelves exactly what are you suspending your bottles with hooks from?

NancyJoan Sun 22-Jan-17 10:53:05

What do you hook it on? I have nothing in my shower that I could hook bottles onto.

PinkSwimGoggles Sun 22-Jan-17 10:54:13

just use the shower gel as shampoo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now