Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why there's no thread on the Women's March?

(9 Posts)
Mistigri Sun 22-Jan-17 08:13:38

Feel free to point me at the 1000 post thread I missed, I haven't put my glasses on yet.

If not - who went? Amazing pictures on Twitter this morning. Sad I couldn't go to one, wish I'd organised something locally.

PrincessNakedAsAJayBird Sun 22-Jan-17 08:16:42

There was an actual guest post but think it got derailed, was from Woman's Equality Party. Was mentioned on it via Twitter how it could be used to initiate violence on TERF bitches... Nice.

PrincessNakedAsAJayBird Sun 22-Jan-17 08:17:52

As in, someone had encouraged violence on Twitter, I'm not encouraging violence!!

Birdsgottafly Sun 22-Jan-17 08:18:04

We had a local one here, in Liverpool.

I'm not well enough to take part in anything at the moment and my friends DH died suddenly (at home) on Friday, so those who were going to go, in my friendship group, didn't.

It was disappointing to read the comments on FB on the posts about/before it.

luckylucky24 Sun 22-Jan-17 08:18:22

I think there is one in chat?

Birdsgottafly Sun 22-Jan-17 08:18:44

Particularly the comments from Women.

GraceGrape Sun 22-Jan-17 08:20:21

There is a thread in the feminist chat topic.

Mistigri Sun 22-Jan-17 08:22:47

I'm not well enough to take part in anything at the moment and my friends DH died suddenly (at home) on Friday, so those who were going to go, in my friendship group, didn't.

Sorry to hear that birds sad

I'll look in chat. Didn't think to look there, nothing in politics or in the news or AIBU as far as I can tell. Seems odd that on a website mainly used by women that there is no permanent thread (the chat one will disappear, I think?)

GraceGrape Sun 22-Jan-17 08:33:23

The feminism thread is permanent I think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now