Talk

Advanced search

Any bakers on here?

(5 Posts)
MadJeffBarn Sat 21-Jan-17 13:15:24

Not an aibu but posting for traffic,

I bought some rolling icing last November. It's been stored in the cupboard, it's still nice and soft but will it have 'gone off'? I want to make a cake out of boredom so don't really want to go out and buy more! Also would I be able to use something like utterly butterly instead of unsalted butter? Again, can't be arsed to go to the shop otherwise.

LadyCallandraDaviot Sat 21-Jan-17 13:16:46

don't know about the icing, sorry, but marge/spread/dairy product is fine to bake with

jugotmail Sat 21-Jan-17 13:19:44

Should be fine - might crack a little but a rub of icing sugar into the cracks will fix that

wowfudge Sat 21-Jan-17 13:19:59

The icing with be fine. Does the UB say it can be used for baking on the packaging? If so, it will be fine.

RiversrunWoodville Sat 21-Jan-17 13:24:06

Utterly butterly is fine for baking although won't make a buttercream the icing will be grand--refuses to admit how long one lay in the cupboard for as I prefer ganache or buttercream-- to do away with cracking really work it before rolling and then roll out on icing sugar or cornflour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now