Talk

Advanced search

Fed up of always being expected to get on with things

(5 Posts)
Raggydolly3 Sat 21-Jan-17 10:40:11

back story- DH hurt his shoulder about six months ago, during that time he hardly moved from the sofa for 10 days and did nothing expect moan about how much pain he was in. I did everytime with the house and DS (we were both off work on leave at the time)
I now have a trapped nerve in my elbow and it kills. This morning we were meant to be tiding out the spare room while Ds is at his grandmas. Baring in mind I have been up all night with the pain and have been crying this morning with the pain DH had just turned to me and said "right shall we get started then".
I just gave him a look and said "are you kidding" and he has stomped up stairs.
All morning he has been telling me I need to keep moving it (which is true yes) but he just expects me to do things as normal.
Apparently the house will now never get sorted

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Sat 21-Jan-17 10:57:37

Typical man behaviour imo, when my dh had flu lay in bed/sofa with a blanket moaning how ill he was while I wait in him, I had same cold but expected to carry on as ususal, cooking, cleaning, DC etc. Take time for yourself if you are in pain and have a rest if you can.

caz323 Sat 21-Jan-17 14:26:24

Mrsdarcy, how interesting! Your DH was laid up with (man) "flu" and you, dear lady, had the "same COLD"! Men & their illnesses, honestly!
And, poor you, OP! Trapped nerves can be excruciating. You might need prescription painkillers. Wish your husband was more sympathetic. Please rest up and get well soon.

HecateAntaia Sat 21-Jan-17 14:40:43

I hope you reminded the sod about his ten days on the sofa and how you were much more understanding than he appears to be now!

Pythonesque Sat 21-Jan-17 15:00:32

Tell him he'll have to fix you up a comfortable position in the spare room and you'll do your best to help while you rest. That way you can help him work out where everything needs to go etc - surely that's the main thing you need to help with to get it done ... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now