Talk

Advanced search

To think the latest Sainsbury's ad is the most ridiculous yet.

(25 Posts)

That stupid food dancing advert - 'If you dance while you're cooking, you know you're living well' confusedhmm

Why does dancing while you are cooking mean you are living well? Am I living badly because I don't dance while I cook? If I dance while I cook a packet of Sainsbury's value instant noodles, does that make them better and yummier than if I cooked fresh noodles with home made sauce, but didn't dance?

What a load of old cobblers!

OverByYer Fri 20-Jan-17 23:20:05

I really like it
I love a good kitchen disco

But does it make your cooking yummier?

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 20-Jan-17 23:27:56

i love the song smile

mylittlephoney Fri 20-Jan-17 23:37:18

Don't u ever dance when cooking? I know I do. A Bolognese is not the same without a foxtrot via the dried spaghetti.confused
It's a bit of fun ffs. Personally cooking is a dull as dishwater and a little music and a shimmy or two gets through the whole mundane bulshit. Good on you sainsbo's .

OverByYer Fri 20-Jan-17 23:39:20

Nothing could help with my cooking

HelenaWay Fri 20-Jan-17 23:41:26

What's yummier confused

RhodaBorrocks Fri 20-Jan-17 23:43:42

Hey, if it was good enough for Morecambe and Wise... grin

youtu.be/EFgdhZGLJrY

LilacSkyes Fri 20-Jan-17 23:44:19

It's a catchy song, I think the point behind it is to get people to enjoy cooking, what's wrong with that?! I love a kitchen boogie!

ZuzuMylittleGingersnap Sat 21-Jan-17 04:45:41

Rhoda,

grin grin grin (I lose it at Eric and Ern's sausage feather boas every time).

Been years since I last saw that clip. Thanks!

OP,

Afraid I'm another one who likes the kitchen dancing ad. (Though the backing track a lot less so...).

londonrach Sat 21-Jan-17 05:23:12

It does make food yummier? Have a quick dance next time you cook. No ones watching! Enjoy.

mummytime Sat 21-Jan-17 05:46:09

My DD find the supermarket "creepy".

And we haven't seen the Ad because we don't watch TV that way (record, on demand, etc.)

MipMipMip Sat 21-Jan-17 08:46:06

I'm all for a bit of dancing but I generally cringed when I first saw the advert. Largely on behalf on the rapper (?) who wants to be taken seriously and will gave that on his record!

OverByYer Sat 21-Jan-17 11:15:26

Lol at someone who doesn't watch adverts commenting on an advert. Just so we know that you don't watch adverts.
Hats off to you. hmm

NoelHeadbands Sat 21-Jan-17 11:18:56

I really like it.

I prefer the 'social media' type ads (yes I'm aware they are made up) to stylised/ storyboard stuff

mogloveseggs Sat 21-Jan-17 11:25:26

grin at morecambe and wise!
Lots of dancing in our kitchen

Amethyst81 Sat 21-Jan-17 11:26:01

Love the Morcambe and Wise clip! I'm going to insist on that in my house from now on!grin

mummytime Sat 21-Jan-17 12:11:36

I avoid ads, but Ido shop in Sainsbury's which is now Christmas covered with pictures of"creepy" people dancing. I only got an idea of why from this thread!

Admittedly DC and I do discuss how Ads need to be designed nowadays so they hook you as you fast forward through them.

NC1nightstand Sat 21-Jan-17 12:20:00

I like it because they've featured kitchens I can bloody relate to and not dream kitchens. Also love the dancing. I hated those little twist ideas, each and everyone was gross imho.

TyneTeas Sat 21-Jan-17 12:23:44

The one that says Boogie makes me want to play this grin

youtu.be/mblkUZgOwPQ

ClusterFuckTadpole Sat 21-Jan-17 12:25:05

It's weird as fuck. Hadn't seen the ad so was wandering around sainsburies wondering WTF was going on yesterday.

You are spot on about the 'little twist' adverts, @NC1nightstand - they all sounded dreadful, and I wasn't even remotely tempted to try any of them!

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks it's weird, though I do appear to be in the minority. I don't think I shall be trying a kitchen boogie any time soon - apart from anything else, with a labrador and a lab-pointer cross, whose mission it is to get under my feet when I am cooking, in the hopes of making me drop food, I'd be bound to trip over one or both of them, and end up with dinner all over the floor.

It would make the dogs happy, though...

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sat 21-Jan-17 12:56:15

I also hadn't seen the ad so was baffled by the branding while walking round Sainsbury's this morning. A nice lady gave me a sample of a rather tasty avocado smoothie thing and tried to explain it to me but had to admit that actually she was a bit baffled herself.

CalamityKit Sat 21-Jan-17 13:01:43

What annoys me is the signage in the shops. This is REALLY petty I warn you in advance so if anyone feels the need to mention "first world problems" or "haven't you got anything more important to worry about" you know where you can go grin

For anyone who hasn't seen them, they have huge black and white photos of people "mid dance", with dance related words on them. There is one that says "twerk". There is a photo of a woman twerking. BUT THEY ARE NOT ON THE SAME IMAGE. If I recall correctly the word "bop" is on the twerking image, and "twerk" is on a man who couldn't be further from twerking if he tried. It's going to irritate me every time I go in there I just know it.

FeralBeryl Sat 21-Jan-17 13:07:55

I don't have time to dance when cooking - I'm far too busy presenting my imaginary cooking programme to the audience wall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now