Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dh just called me a slob

(74 Posts)
missmoohoo Fri 20-Jan-17 21:02:34

For drinking wine out of a plastic tumbler. There is nothing wrong with drinking wine out of a cup. That was what I assumed.
Who is the unreasonable one? Am I the only the one does not care about the utensils that holds my drink? wine

BeachyKeen Fri 20-Jan-17 21:03:59

If I was on a picnic and didn't have a wine glass, sure.
At home, where I have access to a wine glass? No.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 20-Jan-17 21:05:02

I use 'naice' plastic glasses as we have tiled floors throughout (I'm not in the uk) and we have a pool so if we're in the garden it has to be plastic glasses there too

Mermaidinthesea Fri 20-Jan-17 21:05:26

it tastes horrible out of plastic I always think but what you choose to drink your wine out of is your business.

CremeEggThief Fri 20-Jan-17 21:07:01

YABU. I'm a big believer in drinking drinks from the correct glasses. More than once, I've sent a g&t back in the pub, as I haven't liked the glass it was served in.

CigarsofthePharoahs Fri 20-Jan-17 21:07:04

I drank wine out of a tumbler once. We didn't have enough wine glasses to go round.
I didn't mind as it meant I got more wine.
If I was accused of being a slob I'd reply "I don't care, I aint the blinkin' Queen!" and then belch.

missmoohoo Fri 20-Jan-17 21:12:05

I was just being lazy today. I don't think I have ever had wine out of a tumbler before. I just thought why not.
It's boring sticking to the rule all the time.
The difference is, i can feel the plastic scratching my lips.

alleypalley Fri 20-Jan-17 21:15:25

YABU. But then I am a wine glass snob, I have different glasses for different wine. My dh drinks water out of a mug; that is really horrible.

Topseyt Fri 20-Jan-17 21:17:34

I drink it out of whiskey tumblers. Not usually plastic ones, though that doesn't especially bother me.

NotTodaySatan Fri 20-Jan-17 21:19:07

I drink wine from recycled jam jars.

Lower centre of gravity, my clumsy arse is less likely to knock them over. Have broken so many proper wine glasses over they years.

OrangePeels Fri 20-Jan-17 21:20:40

My fil drinks his out of a pint glass. He even stores his red wine in the fridge. He is definitely wrong!

mrsbee2be Fri 20-Jan-17 21:23:17

Was it a Disney one? With glittery floaty bits?

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Jan-17 21:23:29

We have one asda wine glass left. The good stuff comes out at Christmas. Wine.

Ohdearducks Fri 20-Jan-17 21:26:38

I've drank wine from a mug, yes a mug! Not even a nice mug, a builders mug!
Do your worst internet and OPs DH!
I'd bloody do it again too!grin

PuntCuffin Fri 20-Jan-17 21:27:25

Slob is a bit harsh. But I wouldn't choose to as it does change the flavour.

HappyFlappy Fri 20-Jan-17 21:29:08

Blimey! - I'd drink it straight out of the bottle if there was nothing else. grin

missmoohoo Fri 20-Jan-17 21:29:43

Dd's Disney Mickey Mouse one for Christmas
Sorry! It gets worse. grin
Dh has offered to change it. The drink is gone.
Am up for round two. He can do the fetching.

SalemSaberhagen Fri 20-Jan-17 21:30:33

This has just reminded me of a friend I once had, who only had mugs in her (well her mum's) house. Tea, coffee, squash, water, WINE...everything in a mug! I hated it.

Mileymoocow Fri 20-Jan-17 21:30:33

I once drank wine out of the foil bag inside the wine boxes. YANBU grin I was early twenties and at a BBQ at the time though.

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 20-Jan-17 21:31:00

It tastes nasty out of plastic. YABVVVU

Drink it out of the bottle in future grin wine

Ceaser1981 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:31:14

Following his comment id ditch the plastic and start drinking straight from the bottle just to annoy him 😃

PickledCauliflower Fri 20-Jan-17 21:31:40

I like particular glasses for certain drinks - but it's down to personal preference.
If required, I would drink red wine out of old sock

missmoohoo Fri 20-Jan-17 21:32:23

@Moocow Dh offered me a straw while am at it.

elfycat Fri 20-Jan-17 21:32:51

I've had wine out of a denby mug before. It seemed a waste of washing up not to use the mug I'd just used for water.

Having said that I have naice glasses too (wedding and other gifts) so I can be a wine-glass snob too.

toconclude Fri 20-Jan-17 21:33:01

"More than once, I've sent a g&t back in the pub, as I haven't liked the glass it was served in."

Charming. As if bar staff don't have enough to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now