Talk

Advanced search

Can't post question on Marlow Wiils thread but

(9 Posts)
SallyGinnamon Fri 20-Jan-17 17:45:20

I want to ask a question.

For some reason all my attempts to post on the small biz Marlow Wills thread are 'unsuccessful'.

There's an offer on Living Social Deals at the moment for £9 got a single will or £15 joint with Montague Wills.

I need to do our wills. What is the difference in service please? Both are Will writers not Solicitors from what I can see. Does anyone know? Thanks

WhisperingLoudly Fri 20-Jan-17 17:48:22

I'm not affiliated with Marlow Wills but had them do wills for me and my DH. Excellent service. I'm virtually certain she's a qualified and well experienced lawyer. Not all will drafters are.

WhisperingLoudly Fri 20-Jan-17 17:49:28

Also be realistic for £9 you're just going to get a template filled and no actual advice on individual circumstances.

SallyGinnamon Fri 20-Jan-17 17:55:21

I know most will writers aren't solicitors. Impressed that Marlow do have a qualified lawyer not just a will writer. But I'm not sure if there's a professional association or something that I could check with.

ImperialBlether Fri 20-Jan-17 17:58:34

You will get what you pay for, OP. If you're paying a tenner, you might as well do it yourself.

I've used Marlow Wills and found them to be excellent.

SallyGinnamon Fri 20-Jan-17 18:10:12

Ok. Both are members of the society of professional will writers.

But the Marlow website is much more informative. And easier to find! Took a lot to track down Montague Lifetime after loads of Wowcher, Groupon offers etc.

SallyGinnamon Fri 20-Jan-17 18:11:35

I think you're right Imperial.

Vanannabananna Fri 20-Jan-17 18:17:17

We used Marlow wills. Really impressed with the advice and details. Highly recommend

Haffdonga Fri 20-Jan-17 18:29:32

We've just used them and can recommend. I thought our situation was the most straightforward possible (married, leaving it all to the dcs) and wasn't sure if we actually needed a professional but Mumblechum asked us about a few issues that hadn't even crossed our minds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now