Talk

Advanced search

Children in minicabs

(6 Posts)
tangerino Fri 20-Jan-17 11:43:27

At what age would you let a boy come home from a playdate on his own in a pre-booked minicab?

mouldycheesefan Fri 20-Jan-17 11:44:08

mouldycheesefan Fri 20-Jan-17 11:44:25

Licensed taxi though not minicab

123rd Fri 20-Jan-17 11:47:32

If the situation was still being called a "play date" then I'm thinking never!! If the kids were hanging out together and were teenagers it would still have to be a pretty special occasion for neither me or DH not to be able to collect. ( obvs understand not every family has two parents able to collect)

MirandaWest Fri 20-Jan-17 11:49:13

It would depend on the precise situation.

dollydaydream114 Fri 20-Jan-17 13:50:56

I think there are too many variables to give a firm answer, but generally speaking I think it would be OK once they get to secondary school age. I wouldn't be calling it a play date by that point, though!

I definitely got brought home from school and taken to hospital appointments several times alone in pre-booked taxis when I was about 12 and had a broken leg, as the long walk wouldn't have been possible on crutches and my mum didn't have a car. Nobody thought it was any kind of problem then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now