Talk

Advanced search

To think he should call in sick

(3 Posts)
5amisnotmorning Fri 20-Jan-17 07:54:00

We have a 2 yo and a 5 yo. 2 yo has asthma triggered by colds with numerous a and e visits and started preschool in September. It has been a long winter with lots of illness and we are all ill again.
I called in sick to work yesterday as couldn't physically get there and MIL helped out. I don't work Fridays so on my own with the kids today.
DH has been ill too. He can just about get into work so is going in. He will never take a day off sick- he gets paid so not a money issue. He will now be ill all weekend. I am still ill and thr children are ill. He will continue to be run down next week and as the pattern all winter will pick something else up, pass it to the kids and we will be back to being up all night managing the 2yo asthma.
AIBU to think just take a day off and go to bed and have a chance to get better? He is the main income earner as I am part time so I wonder if that adds to the pressure but he would be more effective if not ill and tired all the time!

NuffSaidSam Fri 20-Jan-17 13:23:28

YANBU. If he is ill, then he should call in sick.

I'm sure his colleagues don't appreciate him spreading whatever his got round the office either.

BellyBean Fri 20-Jan-17 14:04:31

Yanbu. My DH has just had to take a week off work because he picked up a nasty cough and cold, which has exacerbated his asthma and gone to his chest. It's people like your husband that ruin his sickness record while keeping theirs clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now