Talk

Advanced search

To write to nestle?

(136 Posts)
Fishface77 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:29:07

All i want are tubes of orange smarties. They are the only ones with flavour. Shall I write to them and ask them to make only tubes of orange smarties?
Will anyone join me in this quest?

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Thu 19-Jan-17 20:31:04

YABU to buy anything from Nestle.

AngryCrispLady Thu 19-Jan-17 20:32:21

What Sukey says

BillSykesDog Thu 19-Jan-17 20:32:35

Are they actually orange chocolate? If so YANBU.

If not, YABU. But I would suggest finding 5 other people who each like the red, pink, green, brown and purples ones and divvying them up between you like Jack Sprat and his wife.

LegoCaltrops Thu 19-Jan-17 20:33:57

Nestlé are evil. IMHO.

LemonyFresh Thu 19-Jan-17 20:35:46

This already exists, I remember buying them once

carrotcakecupcake Thu 19-Jan-17 20:36:27

DS makes frequent requests for only the blue ones...we've recently discovered having a "favourite" colour.

Lapinlapin Thu 19-Jan-17 20:37:20

Orange ones are the best, I agree.

Do you remember when the blue ones were first introduced? At the time I thought they tasted different too, but they certainly don't now, so maybe I was mistaken as a child?

BottleBeach Thu 19-Jan-17 20:38:22

Oh, I thought you were going to write to Nestlé about how they contribute to the unnecessary death and suffering of infants around the world by aggressively marketing baby foods in breach of international marketing standards.

www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree#overview

YABU to write to them about Smarties.

reallyanotherone Thu 19-Jan-17 20:38:41

I agree with the orange smartie thing. Definately the best.

I am in a dilemma now though. I know nestle are evil, but are cadburys/kraft/monsanto any better? Now cadburys tastes crap i am eyeing up the rice krispie bars and munchies again, now my beloved mini eggs are not worth the calories.

What other options do i have? Mars? Terry's? Just not the variety. Am i doomed to chocolate oranges for ever? Which brings us back round to the orange smarties...

TooSmittle Thu 19-Jan-17 20:45:29

I was about 12 before I even knew orange smarties existed. My mum loved them so much she'd open the tubes and pilfer all the orange ones before she gave them to me!

I have a vague recollection of someone writing to nestle many years ago and getting a shed load of them sent for her, they arrived in clear plastic bags, loads of them. But this was the 80s and well before they started denying people water and giving out 'free' formula in third world countries, so maybe you won't be quite so lucky now.

But yes, orange smarties are then best!

Lapinlapin Thu 19-Jan-17 20:45:45

really I share your dilemma.

I suppose we ought to boycott them all.
Divine chocolate is really nice, and fairtrade.
Shame it's always harder to track down than the ubiquitous Cadburys.

FlossieFrog Thu 19-Jan-17 20:51:59

Orange smarties are the best.

Did anyone else ever collect the plastic lids (which had a letter embossed on them) to try to get the whole alphabet?

Doublemint Thu 19-Jan-17 20:54:30

What bottle said.

DontTouchTheMoustache Thu 19-Jan-17 20:54:47

Am I the only person who hadn't realised they were different flavours? blush

Fishface77 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:56:41

Oh man!
I just want orange smarties without the political angst but now I will have to stop buying nestle.
Oh for the days when I was young and innocent and corruption and politics, brexit and trump were words that didn't co exist!wink

SparkyStar84 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:58:00

I thought it was going to be about their actions & not smarties! shock

Fishface77 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:58:07

Blue Ones did taste different! Didn't they?
And I remember chewing on the plastic caps!

Fishface77 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:58:44

Sorry sparky I was being light hearted blush

Peanutandphoenix Thu 19-Jan-17 21:04:00

I'm with you on this one OP.

lifesuckssometimes Thu 19-Jan-17 21:08:24

They used to be a Christmas exclusive in Woolworths in the large tubes. Alas not seen since the demise.

MistressMerryWeather Thu 19-Jan-17 21:13:37

You can have mine.

I hate the orange ones.

TeamLannister Thu 19-Jan-17 21:15:23

Yes, what Bottle said.

RememberToSmile1980 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:16:47

I love the orange ones as well! I also remember the lids with letters on!

WorraLiberty Thu 19-Jan-17 21:19:51

I'll join you in your quest, OP.

I've always wondered why they all taste the same, apart from the orange ones? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now