Talk

Advanced search

To intensely dislike my child when he is excited?

(7 Posts)
IDontWantThisOnFacebook Thu 19-Jan-17 19:42:09

Just need to rant really. Ds is almost 6. He's normally a nice enough kid, but lately (Christmas, little brother's birthday) his behaviour and attitude has been properly shit sad

He doesn't do a single thing he's asked (or at least it feels like it), ignores me, back chats and has an attitude problem. He also gets so excited/wound up that he runs around the house shouting. I realise this is all probably normal, but it's really getting to me. We're going away for a long weekend tomorrow so he's been hyper and naughty again today. Hope he doesn't ruin the break.

I miss my nice little lad sad

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:45:20

DS2 has just turned 6 and the last month or so has been a bit of a dong. I'm just holding firm with the boundaries and hoping it passes. flowers and wine in the meantime. It sucks when you're presented with a tiny despot.

LadyGlitterSparklesSeriously Thu 19-Jan-17 19:49:47

Kids change. They get older, they become influenced by others around them, more aware of boundaries and their feelings.

My DS is the same age and going through the exact same stage at the moment. I know that his personality won't really settle until he's much older and will go through countless phases until then, but it can be a bit sad waving goodbye to their smaller selves, can't it?

Just try to embrace him as he is rather than missing what he was is my advice. You'll get along better.

user1484317265 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:50:39

He's 5. Maybe try being a bit nicer to him and he'd be nicer to you!

leccybill Thu 19-Jan-17 19:51:40

Another owner of a sulky 6 year old full of attitude too. She's my only one. She was an easy baby and a playful toddler, I miss those days sad

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Thu 19-Jan-17 19:58:32

user grin thanks for the giggle - I needed it!

Enjoying a big glass of wine (thanks whoo) and taking deep breaths.

Glad to know I'm not alone. I bet he'll be gorgeous again tomorrow now.

Oh, and he just called me in to his bedroom to tell me he was made class counsellor today! His class had to vote on who they think is good at listening and talking, apparently, and he was chosen as the boy rep. Maybe I'm doing something right after all...

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Thu 19-Jan-17 20:00:39

Lady luckily I have ds2, who although is sometimes challenging, has been super cuddly and charming today. Hard to embrace him at the moment as he's being a right devil. We always, always cuddle and read last thing at night though.

leccy wine for you. I'm sure it's just a phase, as they say on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now