Talk

Advanced search

to think my manager shouldn't decide how I spend my personal time?

(4 Posts)
AuntJane Thu 19-Jan-17 18:36:14

Two things at work this morning.

Earlier this week I was asked if I would help out another section for two days a week for a couple of months, and agreed. I need training to do the other job, and I was told this morning they want me to go to another office 200 miles away to do this - for two consecutive days (so away from home overnight). My manager looked at my work diary and told the other manager what days I could do without consulting me. I have a play rehearsal the night I should be away, so said those dates didn't suit - she wasn't happy.

Someone in the office us leaving next month. I know her to talk to, but wouldn't say we were close - but my manager knows her quite well. My manager has decided to arrange a farewell lunch at a nearby restaurant, and knows I have a discount card for that restaurant - so has told me I am going so that the group can get the discount - without asking if I want to use my lunch break that way, not to mention paying for a meal out. She thinks it's unreasonable of me to say no.

Shakey15000 Thu 19-Jan-17 18:39:00

No, she doesn't. Both things are a fucking cheek presumptuous of her.

IhatchedaSnorlax Thu 19-Jan-17 18:51:36

Your manager is out of order.

AuntJane Thu 19-Jan-17 20:09:58

MNHQ - Please delete - accidental duplicate thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now