Talk

Advanced search

To get really annoyed at pushy people that just take over the place, wherever they are?

(11 Posts)
RosieWallpaper Thu 19-Jan-17 15:30:56

Does anyone else agree that there is a certain type of person that does this? They are usually people that think the whole world revolves around them. Also people tend to fawn over this type of person!

I went into a clothes shop this morning. There was a woman in there with her daughter and two grandchildren. Both the women were being very loud at talking to each other, whilst one of the kids ran riot around the shop in circles, and the other sat right in the doorway of the shop so you had to literally step over her to get in. She was playing on a phone. These four people just somehow managed to take over the whole shop; in terms of noise and space. The women kept asking questions to one shop assistant and being demanding, and the other shop assistant kept playing peekaboo and chase with the child that was running around the shop, rather than ask the child's mum to not let the child run riot. When I went to the till to pay, I had to wait ages until the playing shop assistant came over and even then halfway through serving me the other assistant asked her something that the pushy customers wanted to know and she stopped serving me, went off to help them, and then came back to serve me.

I have come across other peoples like this in the past; one was a woman that I worked with who basically took over the whole office with her stuff and acted like it was her home; things like a box of her clothes to have as spares to 'get changed' ready to go out after work, toys belonging to her kids so that they'd have something to play with if she popped into work with them on her day off. Just stuff that most people would leave at home, and that got in the way of everyone else. She was really loud too and pushy and would always dominate the office with her voice.

The other was a woman I knew when my DCs were younger who, when we went to soft play would sit at one table, then take up a second table with all her bags and coats, and a third by parking her buggy there, then would be all affronted if anyone asked to use one of those tables. She too was very loud, and would loud parent at her kids so that everyone could hear her all the time. And she'd let her kids make loads of mess when eating.

Does anyone else recognise this type of person and know what I mean when I say I find them fucking annoying?

Ifailed Thu 19-Jan-17 15:33:51

Why shop somewhere that ignores you? Tell them as you leave that you were a potential customer too.

Foldedtshirt Thu 19-Jan-17 15:34:53

Meh, I could probably come up with some people I've come across like that, but it doesn't bother me.
Why does it bother you?

TheNaze73 Thu 19-Jan-17 15:44:02

Just tell them, if it bothers you. Is there a bigger issue here OP?

Sativa Thu 19-Jan-17 15:47:06

OP, I know exactly the type you mean. At work meetings it's always the same people with the loudest voices that take over, literally shouting over everyone else.

They seem to get away with things as they're massively thick-skinned and have probably been used to getting their own way all their lives.

YANBU

RosieWallpaper Thu 19-Jan-17 15:47:35

I just find it annoying how some people act like they rule the whole world, and then get fawned over....

RosieWallpaper Thu 19-Jan-17 15:48:17

Sativa, thank you for getting the point I was trying to make in the thread!

DJBaggySmalls Thu 19-Jan-17 16:01:06

I would have walked out if the assistant walked off like that.

Sativa Thu 19-Jan-17 16:11:21

Rosie I imagine these adults grew from the type of kids that will take over any situation....you know the ones that will grab a party bag (or two) rather than wait to be given one. They feel no shame or remorse, they always seem to get what they want and get away with it.

I think it's a personality type; the same people that will cheat just to win, (whereas I don't see the point as it then wouldn't be a win in my mind.... )

Deathraystare Thu 19-Jan-17 16:29:05

Well, next time you go in a shop and the assistant walks off half way through to deal with a loudmouth say in a loud voice "Oh, stupid me I thought I was being served. I will go somewhere else (good if you can mention a competitor/shop of the same type) where |I am sure to have good service.

I do this as I cannot tolerate this type of nonsense. If they ask to be excused I am usually ok but to just waltz off halfway through? No. And yes, I have been a shop assistant.

However, one thought. They may have been shop lifters. I have seen women use their children to distract shop assistants!

NancyDonahue Thu 19-Jan-17 16:52:14

I did a course recently and there was one woman there who was a pain in the backside. She took ages taking notes so we all had to wait for her, she interrupted the teacher with questions rather than waiting for a natural break, she interrupted other students who were asking questions or giving opinions and was just generally loud and rude. The teacher fawned all over her! We all had to have work checked at the end of the session and she announced loudly that she wanted to leave first to collect her dc so the teacher went straight over to her without checking if other people also had dc's to collect! I get on with most people but she boiled my piss totally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now