Talk

Advanced search

Take it to the idiot shop

(7 Posts)
LockieS Wed 18-Jan-17 13:14:51

I took my MacBook to a local repair shop this morning. Support your local business and all that.

The man behind the counter said he didn't fix Macs and to take it to the "idiot shop". I said "I'm sorry what do you mean?" He said you know the apple shop, the IDIOT SHOP (he said that bit really slowly like he was talking to someone a bit hard of thinking hmm)

AIBU to think he's a bloody twat and possibly leave him a shitty Facebook review?!

humblesims Wed 18-Jan-17 15:59:35

YANBU and Yes, do it.

MouldyPeach Wed 18-Jan-17 16:02:50

Some people just really -really- hate Apple.

MouldyPeach Wed 18-Jan-17 16:04:06

I would have laughed, TBH, I don't really think it was rude. Yabu

TheNaze73 Wed 18-Jan-17 16:05:18

YABU & a bit over sensitive

zeeboo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:11:07

He was responding to the fact that Apple techs refer to themselves as 'Geniuses' but he over egged the joke by repeating it when you didn't get it and was rude in my opinion.

PJBanana Wed 18-Jan-17 16:11:53

So the IT tech at your local computer repair shop couldn't fix your Mac, but he referred to Apple as idiots... OK.

I wouldn't leave a scathing review, but I would say something like 'Took my Mac here, was told in no uncertain terms that they don't repair Macs, so don't waste your time!'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: