Talk

Advanced search

To admire Jim and Jeans's gall (lighthearted)

(11 Posts)
CherryChasingDotMuncher Wed 18-Jan-17 12:25:27

I had a little boy very quickly this morning grin I am elated but in the middle of it we're perhaps the cheekiest pair of fuckers ever - I almost admire their brass neck!

So I've been whingeing on here about being in latent labour for over a week now. All of a sudden baby decides he is coming now, as I woke up with contractions 2-3 minutes apart, and I felt the need to push at home. Raced to hospital, screaming like a banshee in the car. We have a 3yo DD and couldn't wait for MIL to nip up to ours to take over, he was coming too quickly, so met her at the hospital. We were at the entrance and as DH was putting car seat into MILs car, a couple came out the hospital as I was having a nasty contraction, doubled over on the concrete as MIL rubbed my back. They actually stopped and stared the whole 60 seconds or so. He said "I think she's having a baby Jean". Jean replied "I think you're right Jim! Looks like a contraction!". No shit Sherlock! What gave it away? Was it the enormous fat bird screaming on the ground at 5am? They were only about 5 feet away, I felt like a zoo animal.

When contraction finished, Jim went "Oh well" and they both got in their car and left!

I was a bit confused that two people could just stare down at someone in pain and get slight enjoyment out of it, although it was quite amusing looking back. Has anyone had a similar experience? Had probably shouted 'fuck off' had I not been too busy bellowing in pain grin

20 minutes later baby was here! Made it to maternity in the nick of time, thanks to DH sprinting like Linford Christie whilst pushing me in a wheelchair and bashing every door we bloody went through

fuzzywuzzy Wed 18-Jan-17 12:27:44

aww congratulations.

Sounds like Jim & Jean were upset you didn't have the baby there and then! lol

KathArtic Wed 18-Jan-17 12:31:13

flowers Weight and name?? (of baby, not Jean or Jim)

MrsHathaway Wed 18-Jan-17 12:36:28

BOUT DAMN TIME CHERRY.

Have you called him Nicholarse?

bear

Congratulations on the sneeze birth safe arrival.

ohfourfoxache Wed 18-Jan-17 12:41:26

Oh congrats Cherry! So pleased he's finally here!

TheProblemOfSusan Wed 18-Jan-17 13:29:59

Congratulations!! He certainly made up for all that latent labour at the last minute, didn't he? Good job on making it to the ward in time!

Now, tell me, with a diagram, what was Jim and Jean's parking like?

downwardfacingdog Wed 18-Jan-17 18:35:09

Congratulations! flowers

MyOtherNameIsTaken Wed 18-Jan-17 18:37:03

Congratulations!! flowers

LostSight Wed 18-Jan-17 18:39:28

Congratulations from me too.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Wed 18-Jan-17 18:40:53

Hurrah! Can we have a squidgy newborn photo please?

SplendorSolis Wed 18-Jan-17 19:07:28

Congratulations! Glad to read all went well and so quickly.
I'm guessing, from Jim and Jean's perspective ywbu in not making more of an effort to push the baby out right there and then for their entertainment, least you could have done. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now