Talk

Advanced search

To be frustrated with the teeny tiny crotch sizes on women's knickers?

(160 Posts)
CherryChasingDotMuncher Wed 18-Jan-17 00:52:44

Having insomniac musings tonight.

Does anyone else find that knickers bought from high street stores must be made for female Borrowers, the crotch part is so bloody tiny! I relented and threw away 4 pairs today that are very uncomfortable. It's impossible to get a sanitary towel on most of them, and I'm sick of scuttling to the loo the pull out my 'front wedgie'. Who are these women with teeny tiny vulvas? I wouldn't dare wear a thong, the crotch parts are only about half an inch thick! Where can I buy a nice firm and ample gusset at the grand old age of 30?

OR

does no one else at all have his problem and I just have a very large vajayjay? confused

PenguinsandPebbles Wed 18-Jan-17 00:57:11

I gave up on butt-floss pants years ago

Give me a nice pair of granny pants from M&S any day of the week smile

In fact they also have rather sexy ones with a proper gusset and bum covering smile

HeadfirstForHalos Wed 18-Jan-17 00:59:30

I buy the shorts style knickers , I like ample coverage for my ample bottom 😁

HeadfirstForHalos Wed 18-Jan-17 01:00:08

You can get fairly nice ones too, they're not granny-ish

paxillin Wed 18-Jan-17 01:02:47

Agree, M&S knickers. Multipack short style or Brazilian shorts I believe. Cotton, good coverage and not too ugly either. And no undignified digging.

BumDNC Wed 18-Jan-17 01:02:52

I am a granny pant woman. The biggest ones I can find. Anything lacy will have a crappy crotch and your sanitary towel will stick to itself and roll up like a rag then slide down your leg or worse - plop out on the toilet floor when you pull the pants down

Crankycunt Wed 18-Jan-17 01:03:17

Yeah, I buy the seamless shorts from primark now, my fanny can't chew them.

TheFreaksShallInheritTheEarth Wed 18-Jan-17 01:09:38

I hate this, too, and like a nice pair of mahoosive pants.

Got some new pants for DD (6) recently, they were the same, about 2 cm of gusset and barely covered the foof area adequately.

I think they all must be designed by men.

kel12345 Wed 18-Jan-17 01:10:01

I wear bikini style knickers for daily wear, mainly from primark, or supermarkets (not spending a fortune on daily undies).
I don't use sanitary towels though.

AllTheBabies Wed 18-Jan-17 01:13:34

M&S midi pants are the way to go. Added bonus is that they sit under your bum cheeks so no vpl.

LoveforPGTipsMonkey Wed 18-Jan-17 01:21:09

AllTheBabies, exactly right!

BertieBotts Wed 18-Jan-17 01:35:37

Yes! What the fuck is this all about? I can't find anything comfy any more.

Worse since I moved abroad and don't even have lovely M&S any more sad I have discovered Tchibo though who make probably the most comfortable pants in the world, with adequate gussetage.

I find shorts style are the worst though? Is it just me? confused They don't seem to have any gusset at all and so they just wedge themselves painfully up one side.

Mummyoflittledragon Wed 18-Jan-17 01:40:17

I wear M&S midi knickers but they aren't always good enough to keep the doorsteps I use for periods in place. The other option is full brief. They are rather Bridget Jones. But keep things in the right place.

FondantNancy Wed 18-Jan-17 02:03:27

Bertie don't M&S ship anywhere in the world for free? They used to, anyway.

Another M&S ample gusset/coverage fan!

nocoolnamesleft Wed 18-Jan-17 02:08:04

Sloggi maxis. Great for staying in place.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 18-Jan-17 02:19:33

No, M&S don't ship anywhere in the world for free now, but they were still quite reasonable last time I checked (£10 to Australia). That was a couple of years ago though.

I always buy my undies in M&S when I'm over in the UK - can't bear narrow gussets, as I'm an almost-daily user of pads, thanks to ongoing chest issues --> sudden coughing fits and a weaker-than-it-should-be pelvic floor.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 18-Jan-17 02:23:28

Hmm, just checking again now - could be wrong about the "no free shipping" thing, which is probably a good thing!

PomBearWithAnOFRS Wed 18-Jan-17 02:48:40

I wear Sloggi. They cost a lot but are the most comfortable so I save up and wear them til they are rags!

fortifiedwithtea Wed 18-Jan-17 03:33:35

Another M&S wearer. However I have found M&S children's knickers rubbish, tiny crotch. For kids Primark are good but sanitary towels still poke out the sides. DD2 is 14 years old and size 6 women's knickers are too big for her < weeps my figure was never as good as hers>

JustKeepStumbling Wed 18-Jan-17 03:40:17

Fatface; comfy, pretty prints and a touch of lace in places it doesn't rub. I horse ride and am curvy and find I forget I am wearing them. Shorts style are awful and agree with whoever above said they ride up even worse than normal pants.

Pestilence13610 Wed 18-Jan-17 03:57:46

Pretty Polly (TKMaxx) and Muji have decent gussets.

TitaniasCloset Wed 18-Jan-17 04:17:47

Its bizarre how tiny the crotches on some of them are. Not fit for purpose.

mirokarikovo Wed 18-Jan-17 04:20:01

M&S "full brief" pants. They don't look so grannyish in black.

Scrumptiouscrumpets Wed 18-Jan-17 06:24:22

So I'm not the only one then! It's not something I feel I can discuss in RL so I always assumed it was just me and my vulva is wider than average confused
I don't like big knickers, just want a crotch that's wide enough to cover my bits! I buy simple cotton ones. Would love something a bit more fancy occasionally, but haven't found anything.

walruswhiskers Wed 18-Jan-17 06:26:45

Tkmaxx - gym honey. Nice and big without being too old lady, plus 100% cotton. You're welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now