Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To Expect my dd and i can walk past a dog without expecting to be bitten?

(17 Posts)
StrawberrySnowflakes Fri 23-Feb-07 18:28:49

seems not..said dog today, tied up outside supermarket when we were collecting dp from work, dd walks past, dog lurches forward, i step in way..get chunk took out of hand!

saw owner, realised dog was blind in one eye, spoke to her politley telling her what happend, she said i shouldnt let dd stroke dog??dd wasnt stroking dog, she was walking out main door, dog was tied near main door...she was having non of it...and me....a dog lover ususaally, told her best place for it if she couldnt control it was 6 feet under!..she(not a day younger than 70)then clled me bitch and told me to to fark off!(in front off dd! and she was a seemingly posh old hag too!

smeeinit Fri 23-Feb-07 18:31:08

oh dear strawbs
id report her and the dog if i were you,
did you have any mindees with you?
id have gone balistic!
is your hand ok?

Carmenere Fri 23-Feb-07 18:31:11

I'd report her and her dog, silly old bag. Whilst I know that dogs are valuable companions for older people they need to obey the same rules of society as everyone else.

Booboobedoo Fri 23-Feb-07 18:39:22

In answer to OP - not you're not being unreasonable!

When I first got my dog I was defensive if people were scared, but have learned my lesson.

Mad old baggage. Hope your hand's ok.

Themis Fri 23-Feb-07 18:40:03

If dog was tied up outside supermarket enrance they might have the incident on the CCTV, ask the store and tell the police.

Also tell the store manager about it, I'm sure that they wouldn't be too happy about dogs biting their customers !!

Woman was obviously barking ! ( sorry .

hope your hand is OK

StrawberrySnowflakes Fri 23-Feb-07 19:23:31

i said to the woman(not really knowing tho!) that it was caught on cctv and i was going back in to tell them to contact police..and she said well go on then!

StrawberrySnowflakes Fri 23-Feb-07 19:24:02

oh and no, just me and dd picking dp up, am day off today !

catsmother Fri 23-Feb-07 21:06:01

Yes, report her. It was your hand this time but it could have been a toddler's face (roughly same height). There simply isn't always space to give a 6ft wide berth to tethered, unsupervised dogs, and if it's inclined to nip, it should be muzzled.

smeeinit Sat 24-Feb-07 10:47:34

hows your hand today strawbs?

peegeeweegee Sat 24-Feb-07 12:51:05

Definately report it. The dog obv. got a fright due to its limited eyesight, so the owner should not have taken it to the shop/tied it up.

Also, her reaction was not called for.

How is your hand?

MamazonAKAfatty Sat 24-Feb-07 13:02:23

im a real dog lover and will always defend the dog if possible but this was an gressive dog with an irresponsible agressive owner (they do say that owners begin to resemble their pets)

you should definatly report the owner and dog...her age is irrelevant.

WriggleJiggle Sat 24-Feb-07 15:51:15

You should definately try and do something. If dd had been bitten you wouldn't think twice about reporting it would you. You should also go to docs to make sure tetanus etc are all up to date. Also that way, if there is any comeback from it you have medical evidence of the bite as well.

StrawberrySnowflakes Sun 25-Feb-07 14:11:09

hi everyone thanks for messages, my hand it very sore but looks as though its healing fine, just very purply/red with bruising i spose?..i emailed a complaint to sainsburies reg the dog being tied up on their premises and asked them to check cctv to try and see who she was if regular..they rang me today but we were having lunch, so i asked thme to call back tomorrow afternoon!..well see..just hope she doesnt take the beast in there in the meantime, cos not all toddlers are gunna be as scared of dogs as my dd and a bite to them would be much worse

CAMy Sun 25-Feb-07 14:19:04

No apology from the dog owner, no concern? Tried to blame you?
Thsi is the attitude I hate from some dog owners, they don't seem to accept their dog is their responsibility. I would have got Sainsbury to call the police there and then.Also would have followed the woman to her car and taken her reg. no.

Caligula Sun 25-Feb-07 14:19:17

I hope they track her down and shoot both her and the dog. Wretched woman.

TinyGang Sun 25-Feb-07 14:21:21

Oh dear. I'm not a dog lover...knew I shouldn't have clicked on this. Blood pressure now rising.

StrawberrySnowflakes Sun 25-Feb-07 19:39:29

well have got v.bad ear infection too, so am going to try and get appointment tomorrow, will show them bite when im there..i AM normally a dog lover and have beent rying so hard to get dd 'not scared' of them, then this rabid little beast bites me!..good exaample!..dont think ill bother in future!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now