Talk

Advanced search

Was I U with this reply?

(8 Posts)
CrohnicallyPregnant Tue 17-Jan-17 17:12:57

Selling something locally, arranged collection for today at 4:30pm as buyer needed to come before 5pm.

By 4:55 they hadn't arrived, and sent a message saying they were sorry but unable to make it, and they would let me know when they could.

I replied "don't bother, you have wasted our time!"

I wouldn't have minded so much if they had let us know before the arranged pick up time. So was I being too harsh?

sonyaya Tue 17-Jan-17 17:20:52

It was quite harsh but equally they have wasted your time so I get why you're annoyed. They should have let you know before 4:30pm, or if there was a good reason they couldn't do so, to explain that. They also should have asked when was convenient for you in terms of coming back, not just saying they'd let you know when they could and expect you to fit in.

HecateAntaia Tue 17-Jan-17 17:21:35

No.
So many timewasters. I'd have told them to forget it too.

They'll let you know when they can come! That would have pissed me off.

VimFuego101 Tue 17-Jan-17 17:24:40

I don't give people a second chance to waste my time - just block them and re-list.

YouHadMeAtCake Tue 17-Jan-17 17:28:16

Not harsh at all. I can't abide such rudeness. As they'll let you know when they can make it. Oh how kind of them . Muppets.

AmserGwin Tue 17-Jan-17 19:27:52

No they did waste your time, and would probably do it again if you gave them a second chance

Strongmummy Tue 17-Jan-17 19:48:13

Harsh message. I may have worded differently, e.g. "ok, but the item is now back on the market"

NavyandWhite Tue 17-Jan-17 20:22:22

A bit harsh but bloody hell what's wrong with people? They weren't going to let you know they weren't coming. Fuckers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now