Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be jealous? (Lighthearted)

(10 Posts)
littlemissgreen96 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:00:37

Disclaimer: I'm pregnant and hormonal!

DH's ex has posted a photo on Instagram, which irked me a bit but it was the hashtags that made me get my hair off; #lostlove #soulmates etc. Her Instagram account doesn't show her real name and I didn't know what she looked like, so came upon it by chance when she popped up in people you may know, one of her hashtags was his name which I think why Instagram linked her to me.

Now this is what I don't get, she knows DH is married as liked one of our wedding photos via a friend of a friend on Facebook (a few years ago). Their relationship ended around 10 years ago and I've been with DH for 7 years so what is she playing at? I've also had a friend request from her which has been ignored. Her account isn't private so of course I've had a good nose around her photos which are either pouting selfies or inspirational quotes. You know the ones I mean. The ones that make your teeth itch.

I know it's petty of her and I'm trying to rise above it but I have steam coming out of my ears!! She now lives outside the UK so AIBU to book a flight, hunt her down and give her a flying headbut?! It doesn't help that I feel like a fat frumpy whale wearing maternity knickers pulled up under my armpits.

I haven't told my friends in real life as I know I'm being ridiculous and just wanted a rant really and someone sensible to talk me down. Thanks!

DaftJelly Tue 17-Jan-17 16:04:05

shock A photo of the two of them?

She sounds batshit.

Just laugh about it, honestly.

TheNaze73 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:07:49

I don't think it's that uncommon.

There are some proper unhinged people about, who won't accept their ex's have moved on & are happy.

DJBaggySmalls Tue 17-Jan-17 16:09:04

This kind of thing will be why she is his ex and you are having his children smile

AmeliaJack Tue 17-Jan-17 16:10:40

I think you just need to feel pity for her.

Rainydayspending Tue 17-Jan-17 16:14:09

Ignore her and steer clear of that sort of crazy.

SparkleShinyGlitter Tue 17-Jan-17 16:16:22

I think some people just struggle to move on, you have to pity them really.

I don't think the track her down is a good idea ( not that your serious) You could however make an instrgram account and #loveofmylife # ourbabybump I would but I'm a bitch! Other options are eating Ben & jerrys while you think of your DH and the baby your having while pitying her

MummyToThree479 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:34:09

Set up your own account add her and be all like #😍♥😍♥ our little baby bump ###😘♥😘♥😘 Mywonderfulman and a few memes for good measure of course!

Seriously it is quite sad that 10 years later she's still hanging on, it's over women fucking accept it. Just pity her

GiftsOnTheFireLogsOnTheTree Tue 17-Jan-17 16:37:23

Get your smug on! You should put up some schmaltzy quote about when you meet the right one never let him go etc!

DH chose you, married you and loves you even in your sexy maternity pants!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 17-Jan-17 16:40:56

Can you block her pictures from popping up? I'm not very techy but you'll drive yourself mad looking at all her crap insightful quotes and selfies.

it was the hashtags that made me get my hair off < is this a saying these days? Should I start using it and in what context please? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now