Talk

Advanced search

To think they could have phoned me?

(2 Posts)
Ilovecaindingle Tue 17-Jan-17 12:05:24

Just had reason to request a copy court order from nearly 6 years ago from my then solicitors - had left several messages +email as it is quite urgent . I qualified for legal aid then which will be repaid when previous marital home is sold-ds is 16 so won't be long! . Refused the release of any paperwork as there is a £2200 bill that needs paying as the final legal aid paperwork wasn't received!! I was at work when I got the call and was literally frozen to the spot! The secretary listed off the dates of 4 occasions that post was sent out with the requests for bank statements /pay slips from me and then dh - and the due date etc. Date was 2 days before final hearing. I put to her why oh why would I have potentially jeopardised a 4 year case going in my favour by risking having to attend unrepresented if my barrister wasn't getting his fee in time?? As she went on further it dawned on me that my exh had likely opened and disposed of my post due to the implications to himself - had I known his true financial position when he was in fact ripping me off - I would have divorced him a lot sooner. Anyway aibu to have had a phone call or email to chase up the required information given that eventually this firm will be paid handsomely for their services? I cannot appeal and now need to pay money I can ill afford. I have had the same phone number for over ten years and have a voicemail facility.

Peanutandphoenix Tue 17-Jan-17 12:09:44

No yanbu they should've phoned you directly when they realised that they where getting no answer to their letters. I hope you can get all of this sorted out soon OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now