Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be a thief or keep as ransom?

(3 Posts)
Lieveke77 Tue 17-Jan-17 10:46:31

I wanted to sign up for the Boots contact lens scheme. I made the first payment in store with my card (for 3 months). After that they would take direct debit payments and sent my contacts by mail. December comes no contacts. I called the Boots opticians they assure me its on its way. week later no contacts. Called Boots Opticians again and after looking into it properly they say that the diriect debit was not approved by my bank 3 months ago. Nobody notified me??? They blame Boots Contact lens scheme... Long story short it was cancelled and I ordered somewhere else. A few days ago I noticed Boots started to take payments (DD) from me in December and January! I called they apologized cancelled the account (again) and said they would return my money and blamed it on a system error. Have not received it yet. Yesterday a 3 months contact lens supply arrived... What do I do? Keep it? Return it? Keep as ransom until I have my money back?

WellErrr Tue 17-Jan-17 10:49:10

Keep as ransom.

Send back one cut up lens at a time until you get your money.

Pseudonym99 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:08:11

If a direct debit has been taken in error contact your bank and they will refund it. It is part of the direct debit guarantee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now