Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think having kids turns you into a hairy ape?

(11 Posts)
MrsAbc99 Tue 17-Jan-17 10:03:36

Seriously, since I've had kids I've started growing hair in places I've never had hair! I'm pretty much growing a beard, my muff hair has started making a beeline for my knees and I'm seriously concerned I might have a hairy back...can't be arsed to look in the mirror! Anyway please tell me I'm not the only one, all the Mums I see aren't beardy (I guess they pluck the bastards out like I do - here's hoping). AIBU to blame this on having kids? TBF I'd happily look like a monkey/gorilla for my kids....

KateDaniels2 Tue 17-Jan-17 10:06:38

My chin is bad. But since i was 18 i have eother been on the pill injection or ttc or pg.

When dh had the snip and i came off contraception it turned out that i have pcos.

I just didnt have a long period of not having contraception to recognise the symptoms. Didnt effect anywhere else though.

DrunkenUnicorn Tue 17-Jan-17 10:20:23

YANBU

I've just had ds3 and it seems to get worse every birth... confused

helensburgh Tue 17-Jan-17 10:22:15

Yip. I'm with you. Think may just be coincidental. And more an age thing
Its a right pain.
Apparsntly after the menopause it all starts to go

JennyOnAPlate Tue 17-Jan-17 10:31:50

I'm pretty sure I could grow an impressive goatee if I chose to. I do have pcos though so assumed it was that!

123bananas Tue 17-Jan-17 10:33:24

Yep could make rugs outta my leg hair!

LTBforGin Tue 17-Jan-17 10:35:37

Fastening ds seatbelt the other day so we were quite close-face to face.
Ds says "mum have you got a mumstache?"

😢

TickleMcTickleFace Tue 17-Jan-17 10:39:54

YANBU at all! I thought it was just me. My arms are looking distinctly wooly nowadays and I've got 5 coarse dark chin hairs angry I've never felt sexier confused

PeggySueOooOo Tue 17-Jan-17 10:41:42

My chin is a never ending battle to control since having DC. Before I had one maybe two hairs. The odd one is the very dark and very long hair that now grows from my shoulder?!?!

ArcheryAnnie Tue 17-Jan-17 12:53:59

Many women think they are the world's hairiest woman, until they start talking to other women - and then they find out so many of us have had to use the tweezers for years!

Back in the 80s there was a group of lesbians (and they were lesbians and identified as such - they weren't trans men or genderqueer or owt) who set out to make chin hair acceptable, and a a few managed quite a respectable little patch of chin hair once they'd stopped plucking! (I did not do this, just saw pics.)

I think if an alien confiscated all tweezers in the world overnight, as well as threading, etc, we'd all be quite surprised in a couple of short weeks how hairy a lot of women are.

MrsAbc99 Tue 17-Jan-17 17:37:58

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, don't go about inspecting people's chin's but the few coarse hairs that appeared there freaked me out a bit! I can imagine if waxing/tweezers/threading were stopped we'd see a difference. Still not sure if it's a hormonal thing post kids or just age...bloody irritating whatever it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now