Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be feeling a bit unimportant?

(12 Posts)
iamapixiebutnotaniceone Mon 16-Jan-17 23:48:37

Bit of a pity party here tonight! I'm one of 4 in a group of friends, we are all pregnant. I am the only one not having a baby shower. I know it's not a big deal but it has brought to my attention that I've generally got people around me that care far less about me than I do them. Not this group in particular, I have no expectations of them. But family, my partner especially. I feel like I'm only here to serve a purpose to everyone else and that I am considered far less important than anyone else.

Only1scoop Mon 16-Jan-17 23:51:08

Yabu....
Baby Showers Are unreasonable

iwilldoit30 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:53:01

I threw my own.....I called it tea and cakes at mine, people bought girders, we chatted and ate food, before you know it it was like a baby shower but just called "tea and cakes"

iwilldoit30 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:53:29

Gifts not girders hmm

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 16-Jan-17 23:54:35

"girders"? I'm imagining an Irn Bru baby.

Did you ask for a shower? Did anyone else ask?

sonyaya Mon 16-Jan-17 23:55:03

If it were just the baby shower I'd say you're overthinking but it sounds like there's more to it. Hope you're ok

Reality16 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:55:21

It depends. Do yo need to feel important?

altiara Tue 17-Jan-17 00:08:36

Have tea and cakes definitely. I'd feel a bit odd having a baby shower, I'd think I'd be saying look at me, bring me gifts. When in actual fact I'd want no gifts until baby arrived safe and sound.
Always room for tea and cake though cake

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Tue 17-Jan-17 09:51:37

Important is probably the wrong word, I do need to feel like I at least matter.

NavyandWhite Tue 17-Jan-17 09:53:33

Maybe your friends and family haven't thought about one OP?

NavyandWhite Tue 17-Jan-17 09:55:21

What I mean is maybe they don't know about baby showers. They are quite a new thing in the uk aren't they? I don't know anyone personally that has had one.

Arrange one if it makes you happy? Or are they supposed to organised by someone else!?

Bluntness100 Tue 17-Jan-17 09:55:32

Do you want people to throw you one without uou having to ask, is that it? 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now