Talk

Advanced search

Get your nose out of my bloody business!

(5 Posts)
staywoke Mon 16-Jan-17 19:28:12

My parents have always very Interfering when it comes to my personal life. As a teen they made me think it was normal but the older I get the more I realise they are actually just really bloody nosy.

Lately they are fixated on me having dc. I constantly get comments like
"ooo baby doesn't sleep, great, might act as birth control"
"better not have any more or you'll never manage to get to uni" (they also think having a degree is the be all and end all)
"Let's hope dp doesn't leave you" (Wtf does this even mean?!?!)
If anyone comments about children it's "don't give staywoke any ideas"
"Maybe you'll learn to keep your legs closed" <-- this was the final straw for me!

After a number of comments the other day I snapped and told them what I choose do with my reproductive system is none of their fucking business. They think they are funny but I actually find it really bloody offensive. They made out I was being ridiculous and what they say is acceptable. Surely I shouldn't have to hear this shit all the time? Is it really normal? Am I just being a precious snowflake or are they BU? Because I'm really ready to lose it with them.

To avoid dripfeed. I'm mid 20s. Have 2dc currently pregnant but not told them. Very happy with dp. We have a house/cars. Ask nobody for money/favours. Sahm but very employable. Have asked for childcare roughly 5 times in the last 3 years (not all with them)!

jpclarke Mon 16-Jan-17 19:43:03

It sounds to me like you need to keep as much distance from these people as possible. You have to protect yourself number 1, and you certainly do not need the added stress of their crap especially when you are pregnant and you don't want your children to have to listen to their mother getting constant digs and and snide remarks.

fc301 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:42:50

Oh they are way beyond nosy & they passed interfering many moons ago. They are currently somewhere beyond fucking rude.
"Shut your legs" 😯 WTAF!! This comment is unforgivable BTW but made me think maybe you were a teen mum. You are mid 20s and independent of them. They need to fuck right off.
All you can do is make your position clear, you will not tolerate any interference in your relationship with DP (which is what this is). They can respect your wishes or you can reduce contact.
Enjoy your lovely DC, they are the meaning of life xx

fc301 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:45:03

Funnily enough my parents said to me "what if he leaves you" about my DH ... yeah thanks for the vote of confidence!!

krustykittens Mon 16-Jan-17 22:52:44

They sound like they are annoyed you didn't follow the life plan they had mapped out for you - tough! That last comment was particularly nasty and vulgar, I couldn't imagine saying that to one of my daughters! I would write these comments down in a diary form, like where and when they said them so they can't claim they didn't say them and say, "I'm really happy. My life is going exactly the way I want it to. Yet you say things that seem to be aimed at picking my life apart and calling that happiness into question. If you are really not trying to do that then stop and have a think about the negative effect your attitude is having on me and my family. If that IS what you are trying to do, then you need to stay away from us until you can learn that my life is not yours to control. Your negativity is not welcome and you won't be either, if you insist on bringing it with you every time you come to see me."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now