Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dead squirrels

(41 Posts)
greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:22:44

So my DH came home with a big bag he was carrying through the house out to the garden. I asked him what it was and he said dead squirrels as he wants to skin them and use the fur for knife handles or some shit. Obviously I blew my top and he thinks I'm over reacting when I said get rid of them.
He was given them from somebody at work who did some skinning at scouts angry
He can't see why I'm reacting the way I am so hopefully I can make him see that I'm not the only one that would not be okay with this.
He's gone to dispose of them now but he isn't happy. Ianbu? Am I? confused

booklooker Mon 16-Jan-17 17:26:02

^ Obviously I blew my top^

If it is so obvious to you, did you not explain in a rational way? Maybe it is not so obvious to him.

TheWitTank Mon 16-Jan-17 17:27:27

Eh? For knife handles?!

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:28:32

I asked him how he thought I would react. He said not happy about it but I thought as long as you didn't see them you would be okay.
Why didn't he just go and hide them in the shed then. He carried them through my house in front of my face. In a bag but still hmm

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:29:19

Thewittank
He likes to make things and sell them. I think this was going to be his new venture confused

Ilovecaindingle Mon 16-Jan-17 17:29:25

So next Xmas you will have a posh set of cutlery for the lunch then??

ShoeEatingMonster Mon 16-Jan-17 17:29:42

Meh I think you're over reacting
Not like he killed and skinned them in front of you hmm

dollydaydream114 Mon 16-Jan-17 17:31:17

Who the fuck has knifes with fur handles?!

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:31:23

Hunting knifes I think he meant. I guess he was going to buy some and then cover them? I don't know really

Ummmmgogo Mon 16-Jan-17 17:32:21

If you have a shed yabu he can do it there. It would be a bit of a liberty to do it in the living room I agree.

SoupDragon Mon 16-Jan-17 17:32:54

hmm

Rainmaker1 Mon 16-Jan-17 17:33:30

Don't see the issue, unless he was planning to do it at the kitchen table or similar?

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:36:38

The shed is jam packed so would have to be in back garden. Where my DS toys are and he plays. It just makes me feel a bit sick. we went to look at squirrels in the park last week sad

SoupDragon Mon 16-Jan-17 17:38:05

Make squirrel pie once he's skinned and gutted them. No point wasting them!

Pestilence13610 Mon 16-Jan-17 17:38:27

I don't see that it is very different to sorting rabbits or pheasants. Squirrels taste OK

Soubriquet Mon 16-Jan-17 17:39:12

I think yabu a little bit

You can't dictate to him what he can and can't do

If he wants to do hunting knifes with squirrel fur that's his choice

BUT!! If he knows you don't like things like this, he should have taken them straight to the shed not parade them in front of you

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:41:00

Okay Iabu I shall apologise. I honestly didn't think I was. I hate hunting and things.
You're right I can't control him. He did say it was controlling of me blush
Damn.

Ummmmgogo Mon 16-Jan-17 17:43:30

arguing with your husband won't make them any less dead. It must be hard when you have opposing views on things like hunting though xx

Happyinthehills Mon 16-Jan-17 17:44:08

My DH reckons that's a cover story. What was really in the bag?

chitofftheshovel Mon 16-Jan-17 17:56:20

How did they die?

As they were dead already and he would have skinned them you could have got him to gut them too and make you a nice squirrel stew.

TheOtherGalen Mon 16-Jan-17 17:58:29

Just think ... in the zombie apocalypse, you'll have one of the few people who knows how to properly skin a squirrel.

greenblueberries Mon 16-Jan-17 17:58:31

I think they were shot with the purpose of skinning them with scout kids. The work mate that gave them to DH Had them for that reasons as he's a volunteer.

SussexBonfireViking Mon 16-Jan-17 18:03:23

I wouldn't have a problem, but then I have a set of bin bags in the car to pick up dead pheasants and last year had a deer skin that I tried to cure (disaster,.... but hey)

user1471506380 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:22:12

If you're wondering what they taste like. They taste nutty! Used to know friend of a friend who ate them. I had to ask. grin

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Mon 16-Jan-17 18:45:02

Ooh Sussex, I'd love to cure a skin - they made it sound pretty easy in Clan of the Cave Bear etc, but I bet it would be pretty stinky?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now