Talk

Advanced search

WWYD? Train related

(7 Posts)
KayTee87 Mon 16-Jan-17 11:45:22

Just got on a train with my baby in his pram. Train had just pulled up, I press the button to get on the train, push the pram on (hands still holding handle) and the doors shut on my arms, I have to push my way on to get on the train so it doesn't leave with my baby!!
Arms and shoulders really sore where I had to barge my way on and a bit panic stricken at the thought of the baby having a solo train trip.
Obviously there is a fault with the door, is there any point in raising it with the train company or will it just get lost among the other million complaints?
Can't be bothered wasting my time complaining if nothing will get done about the fault anyway.

AlpacaPicnic Mon 16-Jan-17 12:53:28

Good grief, you should absolutely mention it. They will be able to check CCTV at the station or on the train. If the train company chooses to ignore you - and I don't think they will - then they could be in a lot of trouble if someone gets really hurt.
(Not suggesting you were not hurt btw)
There is a world of difference between a 'gimme compensation' complaint and a 'You need to be aware that this might be a dangerous fault' complaint.

If you like, you could always ring and speak to a person, then follow it up in writing?

TwatteryFlowers Mon 16-Jan-17 13:09:58

Are you still on the train? Could you go up and speak to the conductor about it?

JaniceBattersby Mon 16-Jan-17 13:11:11

God yes. Tell someone on the train or as soon as you get off. The train doors should open if something is trapped in them. I hope you're ok.

thecapitalsunited Mon 16-Jan-17 13:14:23

Complain to the train company. They should not be shutting the doors until everyone is on the train and the door area is clear.

Coralfish Mon 16-Jan-17 13:14:51

Should they really open if something is trapped in them? Gosh. The doors round here (London - underground and South West) certainly do not. I have seen many people get trapped in them getting on at the last minute, and often thought about how horrible it must be to have to get a pushchair or something on without them shutting on you...

Hellmouth Mon 16-Jan-17 13:15:19

Not all train doors will open if something's trapped in them, I've seen many people have to force themselves onto trains. It sounds like whoever was working the doors didn't check everyone had boarded though, so definitely still raise it as a complaint

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now