Talk

Advanced search

To have convinced myself I've got gum cancer...

(4 Posts)
FuntyCuck Mon 16-Jan-17 08:25:51

And be too scared of going to the dentists to check.

I've had a rough red patch on my gum for a couple of weeks now. It's not really painful but can make brushing a bit sore.

I am terrified of the dentist and really don't want to go but Dr.Google has terrified me this morning.

Does it look like I really should go?

harderandharder2breathe Mon 16-Jan-17 08:32:04

Yabu not to go to the dentist

DR google always believes the worst.

Hopefully it's nothing flowers but going to the dentist is far less scary than worrying yourself to death over it.

Changednamesorry Mon 16-Jan-17 08:34:13

You might just have gum disease.... But you should still go to the the dentist!
Mouth stuff doesn't tengo self heal

Katy07 Mon 16-Jan-17 12:04:15

Are you sure you haven't been overdoing it on the brushing at some point or burnt it on something hot without noticing? Besides, gum cancer is relatively rare in the UK (like 6.5k cases a year), affects more men than women, and usually adults aged over 50. So try not to panic too much. It's unlikely. But get a check-up to be on the safe side. You can probably get one quickly if you mention your worry. Hopefully you'll be reporting back in a day or two to say that the dentist said you were more likely to die from a heart attack when you saw how much they were charging you grin
Ring up now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now