Talk

Advanced search

To think I need a spa day?

(15 Posts)
bananaleaves Mon 16-Jan-17 08:25:31

I'm 5 months pregnant, my 14m old still doesn't sleep through, I've got some weird sinusitis thing going on where my eyebrows hurt, I left the house at 6.30 but am still not at work cos of overrun engineering works, and cafe nero have run out of my favourite muffin.

I THINK I ACTUALLY NEED A SPA DAY.

Anyone else need a spa day?

Oysterbabe Mon 16-Jan-17 08:28:08

You can't use most of the stuff when pregnant though.
I definitely need one. My 1 year old hasn't slept through ever and spent a lot of last night yelling because of teething pain.

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Jan-17 08:28:14

I'll come with you. I've also got sinusitis (started last Wednesday and I'd currently like to remove my own head and drop kick it into the compost heap). It's bloody miserable.

I actually like spa days. I love not being contactable and the enforced doing nothing (after using their gym if there wasn't the sinusitis).

Guitargirl Mon 16-Jan-17 08:29:05

I don't do spa days and couldn't think of much I'd enjoy less but I could do with a duvet day. Or maybe a cinema day.

bananaleaves Mon 16-Jan-17 08:30:26

Yeah maybe just a duvet day with no toddler wandering around would be good.

Yeah I've never had sinusitis before and it's awful!

glenthebattleostrich Mon 16-Jan-17 08:32:24

I love spa days.

A friend of mine is a teacher and if out kids are at school but she's off we'll book a spa. Drop kids off in the morning then off we go. A day to catch up, read, knit, swim and get a good massage (the one we use does a brilliant deep tissue massage) .

And yes we could chat and read and knit at home but there's always something needs doing so it's good to be away.

I'll come with you OP. There are some lovely mum to be treatments smile

user1472308229 Mon 16-Jan-17 08:33:44

Saunas are good for clearing the nasal passages.I've just suffered 2 months with them after a bad cold.needed antibiotics in the end.hope you feel better soon.

Mrsglitterfairy Mon 16-Jan-17 08:33:55

I love a good spa day, DH bought me & my mum one for Christmas so using that next month. Can't wait grin

EdmundCleverClogs Mon 16-Jan-17 08:42:28

I need one! (Rant alert)

I have just had the weekend from hell. It ended with me nearly chucking a plate of food over my MiL's head. She actually used the phrase 'he used to beat her, but she was begging for it' shockangry. Bought us belated Xmas presents, book and chocolate for my partner, a pack of sponges and dishcloths for me. I refuse to cook anything especially for her, as last time she came around she refused everything in the house except sausages. Half way through cooking, she decided she didn't like the type I was cooking- it was ok though as she happened to bring her own hmm. This time, I made v simple pork chops, beans and chips. Asked several times if that would suffice. When plate was put in front of her, no 'thank you', just pulled a face like a three year old and whined 'these are Heinz beans, aren't they'? What if they are not?? Will you refuse to eat them?? Explode?? Learn some fucking manners??!!

Actually, maybe a yoga retreat would be better for me.....

Hope your day gets better, OP!

QuilliamCakespeare Mon 16-Jan-17 08:48:45

I bloody love a spa day. Can I come?

Catdogcat Mon 16-Jan-17 08:52:00

Me! I need a spa day

I'm 6 weeks pregnant so feeling grotty anyway and now I've got cold from hell.

My 6 month old has been awake all night for the past three nights full of cold and crying.

I have a huge piece of work due in tomorrow that's not finished.

My house alarm has been going off all morning so I'm waiting for someone to come and fix it.

Oh and I broke my glasses this morning sad

MLGs Mon 16-Jan-17 08:52:58

I need a spa day. I always need one though.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 16-Jan-17 08:58:05

I've never had a spa day, except in Bali.

Don't they cost about a squillion dollars? sad

BarbaraofSeville Mon 16-Jan-17 09:39:33

Not necessarily koala. Treatments are not compulsory and the lovely one I go to costs £60 for a day including a 2 course lunch and wine, which isn't bad considering how much it must cost to build and run.

There is a massive indoor bubbly pool, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, loads of steam rooms, 3 big outdoor hot tubs and a dark room with beds to sleep on and a warm dark pool to swim or sit in.

I really really need a spa day - must book one soon.

CurlsandCurves Mon 16-Jan-17 09:43:08

I've just had one this weekend!

It was awesome. I went alone, took my kindle, had a couple of treatments and chilled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now