Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu that if your ill you dont visit?

(10 Posts)
Greydays Sun 15-Jan-17 21:41:37

I have the opinion that if your ill,for example have a cold or d n v or anything like this you dont go visiting people? Or am i being ur? A close family member constantly does this,and it drives me bonkers, will drop by for a visit then add to conversation one of the kids had been up puking all night,as an example,and as i have a 2 yr old i instantly think wtf! I understand you come into contact with germs and illness all the time but to spread things around knowingly seems wrong to me.
The worst one was, me my mother and 2 yr old were invited to bday party at there house, and i overheard someone say there kids ill with norovirus, but kid was at the party, sipping water!! Then found out nearly all party goers were ill with norovirus but party wasnt cancelled so birthday boy wasnt bloody sad, my mother was told no one told us because we wouldnt have gone, and no i definitly wouldnt have, another time invited to the house,one kids on sofa burning up really poorly,and there we are! Is this normal behaviour,he has stopped doing it so much now after me telling him its not on but aibu? I believe im not but just wanted to see what others think xx

Soubriquet Sun 15-Jan-17 21:42:30

Cold, cough, sore throat and things like that yabu

D&V and other things like that yanbu

Sirzy Sun 15-Jan-17 21:45:51

D and v you don't visit.

Colds, unless someone is immunocompromised or otherwise at risk then you go about life as normal.

Eyedrophell Sun 15-Jan-17 21:57:08

D & V absolutely not. Colds etc a courtesy call before hand.

coconutpie Sun 15-Jan-17 22:06:22

I would stop visiting said family member and stop having them over until they cop the fuck on. Headcolds can't really be avoided but they should still at least tell you beforehand and then you decide - anything else though is just outrageous. Why the fuck would they want to pass on norovirus?

pinkiepie1 Sun 15-Jan-17 23:43:16

No I don't think you are. We had a similar situation but it was my fault.
Xmas eve eve I came down with norovirus, on Xmas day we were going to my parents, my dh and dd were fine, I still felt ill but went and informed them that I was ill on the fri, (I couldn't do anything, so my mum and dad took daughter for day) and they told be to come and since it had been 48hrs it should be fine.
Well every person ended up with norovirus....
I wasn't very popular even though no one blamed me cos they told me to come, I still felt bad.
So long story short lol I wouldn't go visiting and wouldn't let anyone in who was poorly with something like that come to mine xx

NicknameUsed Sun 15-Jan-17 23:44:26

Why would anyone with D and V want to leave the house anyway? When I have had it I didn't want to be more than a few feet from a loo - my loo.

CocktailQueen Sun 15-Jan-17 23:46:20

Pinkie, had it been 48 hours since last d or v? It can't have been, if you got ill on 23 Dec and went out on Xmas day - you shouldn't have gone.

pinkiepie1 Sun 15-Jan-17 23:54:49

It was the early hrs on Xmas eve eve, it finished dinner time and didn't go to my patents till late afternoon Xmas day, so it was around 48hrs. I'm also pregnant so thought it was just morning sickness to begin with and because no one else was sick thought it was just that, until days later when everyone came down with it, but yeah I shouldn't have gone, I just hadn't seen my family for so long and dd wanted to see if Santa had been.

SpringerS Sun 15-Jan-17 23:55:12

When my DS was nearly one we went to a party held at our baby group and one the the attendees told me her little one had a D&V bug. I was horrified but didn't let it show. The next day DS came down with it and it was horrific. Two days later I came down with it, as did my dad and brother (my mum had been helping me out with DS and was the carrier to them).

My MIL was dying at the time and I had to avoid visiting her with DS for what turned out to be nearly half of her remaining life. I only got to see her properly one more time before she went into the hospice and I'll always feel sad about that. I understand that the woman didn't want to miss the party she was looking forward to and she decided her DD was healthy enough to enjoy it. But passing on that illness took something much more important from us. My DS has a d&v bug now but is recovered enough to attend and enjoy school but the odds are he's still contagious (as he still has the d part of d&v) so he'll be staying home for at least a few more days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now