Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To increase DD's preschool sessions

(6 Posts)
Rollonbedtime7pm Sun 15-Jan-17 21:32:37

I have 2 DD's at home (DS at school) and DD1 goes to preschool 3 days a week. Currently on mat leave.

DD1 will be old in the year at school this September (birthday in September) and have lately noticed she seems really bored on her days at home. A lot of her friends we used to hang out with on my days off went to school this year as she was the youngest of the group and although we have other friends we see, she is now the oldest child by a long way and she is a bit fed up I think.

She misses her brother when he is at school and her baby sister obviously takes up my time and does rather dictate the day, in terms of naps etc. She is also about to crawl and so will become a whole new level of irritating to DD1! grin

When I go back to work, I will still be off on Tuesday and Friday and I am thinking of starting a preschool session on a Friday too (currently goes Tuesday- Thursday) but it will mean she won't then get a full day with me at home.

Would I be awful to do it? She loves preschool BTW as she has loads of friends there, most of whom will move up to school with her. I just feel guilty that she will miss the time at home with me and DD2 but then, she doesn't seem to enjoy it much anyway at the moment!

confused

BackforGood Sun 15-Jan-17 23:52:57

Of course it wouldn't be awful. She's already almost 4 and a half - older than some dc are when they start school fulltime. Let her go for the additional time - she's ready for it and will love it.

Rattusn Sun 15-Jan-17 23:55:27

Nothing wrong at all. It sounds like you aren't even using all of your free funded hours, which is very unusual.

TheDowagerDuchessofDenver Sun 15-Jan-17 23:59:55

Ask her what she wants to do. And if she says she'd rather be in preschool, enjoy your time with your baby.

BillSykesDog Mon 16-Jan-17 00:06:41

No, she'll enjoy it. It's not like you're sending her out cleaning chimneys.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 16-Jan-17 00:09:09

Do it! Either it's lovely bonding time for you and baby or wonderful rest / catch up time when they nap. DS went for an 'extra' session every Friday afternoon that coincided beautifully with DD having a 2 hr nap - oh I miss those days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now