Talk

Advanced search

Nausea

(17 Posts)
islandmummy Sun 15-Jan-17 21:25:44

To ask...how you pronounce nauseous? Going to dr tomorrow and don't want to embarrass myself!

Now-zee-us
Noor-zee-us
Noor-shus?

Other???

Thank you pearls of mumsnet wisdom!!

CrohnicallyPregnant Sun 15-Jan-17 21:27:07

I'd just say you're feeling sick!

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Sun 15-Jan-17 21:28:31

Noor-see-us. Am sure GP has heard all sorts.

Hope you don't have HG! sad

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 15-Jan-17 21:29:25

Why are you going to the GP for nausea?

Are you pregnant?

Has it been going on for a very long time?

islandmummy Sun 15-Jan-17 21:29:38

Haha fair point! Problem is I don't feel like I'm about to be sick...just sicky feeling iykwim? Without rambling more than I am naturally inclined anyway the word nauseous seems to sum it up nicely! confused

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 15-Jan-17 21:31:27

Sicky feeling - are you pregnant? It is relevant. Sicky feeling is completely normal in pregnancy and you don't need a GP appointment for it.

If you are feeling perpetually nauseous for some other reason then yes you do need to go.

islandmummy Sun 15-Jan-17 21:34:07

What's HG?! Not pregnant unless my coil has unexpectedly failed (still feels in place, sorry tmi!)

Got random hives-like rash over arms, legs, lower back and upper chest. Been having random problems with joints - seems to change daily so don't think I've injured anything! Tonight it's my wrists. Stiff and painful. Not swollen though On Fri it was my knees! And my fingers. Had high temp Fri but otherwise normal. I'm v tired. And the nausea! Google searching has revealed nothing obvious to self diagnose with!! angry

LostSight Sun 15-Jan-17 21:34:49

Used nauseated? Technically correct and easier to pronounce?

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 15-Jan-17 21:45:04

The correct way to pronounce nausea is norzeeah. Norsha is more American.

Good luck tomorrow op.

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Sun 15-Jan-17 21:49:40

HG = hyperemesis gravidarum. Severe morning sickness (tho I mainly had the nausea for months on end). In some cases needs hospitalisation for dehydration (I was in for a day). If you're not pregnant though it won't be that!

Hope the GP helps tomorrow flowers

islandmummy Sun 15-Jan-17 21:51:58

Thank you kind people smileflowers

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sun 15-Jan-17 21:53:17

NAW-SHUS.

(Disclaimer: Scottish)

HappySeven Sun 15-Jan-17 22:03:18

Not a medic but it sounds like a virus that's going round here. Achy joints and feeling sick with stomach cramps but no real sickness or diarrhoea.

TheOtherGalen Sun 15-Jan-17 22:12:30

Yeah if you really want to do it right, say you're nauseated. Or suffering from nausea. There's even a lovely pedantic little poem, goes something like this:

Nauseated, nauseous --
Two different words by far!
If someone says, "I'm nauseous,"
Reply, "You surely are!"

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Mon 16-Jan-17 22:44:06

How did you get on op?

islandmummy Mon 16-Jan-17 22:45:38

Aw thank you for asking. Dr said probably post viral arthritis (who knew that was a thing?!) and rash, but got to have blood tests tomorrow.

IDontWantThisOnFacebook Tue 17-Jan-17 07:42:18

Good luck! Post viral arthritis?! Am off to Google...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now