Talk

Advanced search

To buy a door closer for the living room? 😡

(7 Posts)
Euphemia Sun 15-Jan-17 17:09:59

Or just pull DH's fingernails out, slowly?

He never remembers to shut the door, despite repeated reminders. I sit feeling the very heat drain out of the room, frozen.

Should I get a door closer? Are they easy to fit?

angry

Eyedrophell Sun 15-Jan-17 18:13:44

Seriously considering getting one for the conservatory door. It drives me potty angry

Fluffyears Sun 15-Jan-17 20:43:32

We have them in a new build due to fire safety and fucking hate them. Can never leave door open when popping between rooms, opening door is actually difficult and firgetooening the buggers if you are carrying anything like some washing etc!

Oysterbabe Sun 15-Jan-17 21:04:26

Surely if you scream DOOR!!!!!!!! every single time he'll get it eventually.

TwatteryFlowers Sun 15-Jan-17 21:08:39

I'd love to have just a door for our living room. We haven't got one at all and it's always freezing in here.

dudsville Sun 15-Jan-17 21:12:35

Maybe he doesn't like it closed? I'll shut it if my oh asks but I prefer it open!

Bingowingslikeashieldofsteel Sun 15-Jan-17 21:15:05

I always moan about being cold in my living room - every time my OH is here and closes the door I look at him like he's just unearthed the elixir of life. I know it's a door, I know closing it will stop the wind tunnel that is my hallway encroaching on my living room, I can never, ever put this knowledge into practice though.

You're welcome to his technique when I walk back through it though 'Were you born in a fucking barn?' tends to jog my memory...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now