Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a grip please?

(6 Posts)
EatsShitAndLeaves Sun 15-Jan-17 16:59:11

I watched the documentary "The September Issue" last night.

In it, Anna Wintour recounted asking her father why he had stepped down as Editor of The London Evening Standard. His response was he was "getting too angry" and she said she now understood what he meant and that when that time comes she'd leave her job as EIC of US Vogue.

The reason for mentioning this is that I think I'm near that point with MN --but I like it too much to flounce.
--
There's been 2 threads this week where I could literally feel my blood pressure rising.

I'm obviously getting far too over invested!!! AIBU to ask if I'm not the only one because then I won't feel so stupid and ask you to tell me to get a bloody grip and calm down grin?

Ginslinger Sun 15-Jan-17 17:05:35

I know what you mean but I suspect we both need grips - let's hand them to each other and try and laugh it off. [grip]

JustAnotherPoster00 Sun 15-Jan-17 17:10:16

Currently over invested in a thread OP so shall I just go to halfords to get a big bag of them?

EatsShitAndLeaves Sun 15-Jan-17 17:11:51

Yes please Just - I suspect I alone need more than one grin

Gottagetmoving Sun 15-Jan-17 17:12:48

If you are getting that angry then just take a short break? It's easy to get caught up with issues and opinions on here so learn some techniques to help you stay more detached?
My daughter reminds me quite often to back off when I get too involved in any issues in life...sometimes that's all I need to detach myself.

EatsShitAndLeaves Sun 15-Jan-17 17:34:13

You might be right Go or maybe just stay away from certain types of threads grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now