Talk

Advanced search

To be a tiny bit fed up

(11 Posts)
cupsanddogs Sun 15-Jan-17 14:44:59

My birthday was Friday, when with exh it wasn't even acknowledged (his was of course) I never get a break and have two children one with SN and usually my holidays are used for half term with kids.

So I decided to book a day off and use my only present which I had been given weeks before (some cinema vouchers) and have a day to myself before a nice tea with the kids.

I was going to book the kids into wrap around care so that I could catch a film. I NEVER have a day to myself. Only a relative insisted they would have the children. I checked and double checked they were ok.

So fast forward to Thursday night, suddenly relative wants to come with me and won't have the dc.
Only she doesn't want to go the city I was going to and not on the day I have off.

Her suggestion was to go in the one thr forty minutes after work and before after school club ends.

So I spent my birthday alone in our flat feeling sorry for myself as no time to arrange childcare to go and nothing to open on the day.

Come tell me to get over myself

YouTheCat Sun 15-Jan-17 14:48:05

Why didn't you just do the after school club and tell the relative that wouldn't work for you and stick to your original plans?

cupsanddogs Sun 15-Jan-17 15:12:38

Because by the time they backed out it was too late to book them in as has to be done in advance.

DJBaggySmalls Sun 15-Jan-17 15:15:04

What a bitchy thing to do to someone that doesn't have childcare. At least you know what she's really like now. flowers

formerbabe Sun 15-Jan-17 15:26:09

That is so shitty op. Poor you flowers

JaniceBattersby Sun 15-Jan-17 15:29:49

That's shit. Many happy returns anyway flowers

YouTheCat Sun 15-Jan-17 15:31:46

Sounds a bit shit. In future, I'd not arrange anything with this unreliable relative. At least if you've sorted things out yourself you know there's less chance of it going tits up.

SoTheySentMeA Sun 15-Jan-17 15:34:11

Why even agree to have them then? What a horrible cow! Have you told her that she ruined your ONE day to yourself? Does she know how rare it is?

Some people are seriously just inconsiderate cunts.

Joolsy Sun 15-Jan-17 15:35:37

Can't you do both? Stick to original plans so she has the kids and you can go out together on a different day

Maverick66 Sun 15-Jan-17 15:43:17

cakebrewflowers
You really need to find a way to be good to yourself.
Buy a nice magazine your favourite chocolate bar and have some 'me' time.

ageingrunner Sun 15-Jan-17 16:09:55

I think I would be backing away from the relative a bit. Is it your mum? I know people aren't obliged to help, even family, but apart from scuppering your birthday plans, does the relative ever give you a bit of a break from the children? It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Happy birthday anyway 🎂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now