Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of my ultra healthy friend

(99 Posts)
LeFemme1 Sun 15-Jan-17 12:14:33

Whatever I buy she has a problem, I brought the dc Krispy Kreme s as a treat and she says her dc are not allowed trans fats. This is repeated when it comes to things I myself or my dc eat.

I had the biscuits out when she was here and when I had one she started ranting about the preservatives and sugar in them and how sugar is addictive like drugs. This is repeated with alcohol on a night out as well.

Aibu to tell her, her advice is not needed.

MissMogwi Sun 15-Jan-17 12:17:52

YANBU. Ugh I'd have to tell her how incredibly boring she sounds.

All well and good if she doesn't want her or her children eating certain things but the sanctimonious rants would put me right off meet ups.

KoalaDownUnder Sun 15-Jan-17 12:19:01

YANBU. Pain in the arse.

DoomGloomAndKaboom Sun 15-Jan-17 12:20:26

Boy, does she sound dull.

I would politely ask her not to criticise my food choices please, but the minute I want nutritional information, I would be glad of her expertise.

If she continues to be so rude (because it is rudeness, what she's doing) I would see a whole lot less of her.

Notcontent Sun 15-Jan-17 12:34:04

Well, she is being unreasonable to voice her unsolicited opinions but you are very unreasonable to buy your kids Krispy Kreme as a treat! They are totally vile. Buy them a decent cake made with natural ingredients!

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Sun 15-Jan-17 12:35:10

My sympathies Op, I have a friend who is obsessed with the fat and calorie content of everything and it makes for very dull conversation. I now try to avoid going out to eat with her as she scans the menu commenting negatively e.g. Who would eat something with so much cream/cheese/whatever, who would allow their child to have such a sugary desert and so on. In all honesty I believe she has issues around food and is extremely thin. Neither I, DH or our dc have ever been overweight yet I end up feeling defensive!

Yanbu to tell her you don't want or need her advice and ask her to keep her comments to herself.

Softkitty2 Sun 15-Jan-17 12:42:40

Annoying. Tell her not to impose her choices on you. She can bring her own snacks for her children. What does expect people to drink on a night out? Water?
YaNBU

PurpleDaisies Sun 15-Jan-17 12:44:37

Well, she is being unreasonable to voice her unsolicited opinions but you are very unreasonable to buy your kids Krispy Kreme as a treat! They are totally vile. Buy them a decent cake made with natural ingredients!

Pot calling kettle black? The op wasn't wanting your opinion on Krispy Kreme as a treat..,

DistanceCall Sun 15-Jan-17 12:46:22

Notcontent your advice is not wanted. Much like the OP's friend's. Kindly bugger off.

YANBU, OP.

beargrass Sun 15-Jan-17 12:46:36

LOL! 'Not allowed trans fats'. Ugh whatevs. I would find this beyond tedious. I'm actually pretty keen on DD eating well and so on but be realistic! It's a treat. Surprised you haven't told her to get fucked.

NerrSnerr Sun 15-Jan-17 12:47:06

'Well, she is being unreasonable to voice her unsolicited opinions but you are very unreasonable to buy your kids Krispy Kreme as a treat! They are totally vile. Buy them a decent cake made with natural ingredients!'

Ha ha. So she's unreasonable to voice unsolicited opinions is she? Lucky you didn't do the same isn't it?

WyfOfBathe Sun 15-Jan-17 12:47:36

YANBU, one of my colleagues is like this. Her catch phrase is "your body isn't designed for that". Who cares if my body's designed for bread or not, I'm not giving up now.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 15-Jan-17 12:47:48

I like to be healthy (alcohol aside) knocked that on the head atm but no way would I comment on other people's choices.

Tell her to button it , you're not interested

NerrSnerr Sun 15-Jan-17 12:48:05

Oh and OP YANBU. It's up to you and your family to eat what you want and she can do the same.

TammySwansonxx Sun 15-Jan-17 12:48:43

Does she bring anything positive?

GimmeeMoore Sun 15-Jan-17 12:48:50

How crushingly dull of her to berate you about food.shes not food police

LaPharisienne Sun 15-Jan-17 12:48:55

I'd never pass comment on what someone ate or fed their children.

Just because I didn't say anything wouldn't mean I didn't have an opinion though...

SantanaBinLorry Sun 15-Jan-17 12:50:39

urgh, god. I have a friend like this. The evils of sugar and no-one over the age of six needs milk? Her kid wont drink anything other than water, great you might think, but its probably because he's scared his teeth with drop out the moment he sips anything with flavour. wtf. Shut up!

NightTerrier Sun 15-Jan-17 12:50:52

YANBU. People like that are tedious with all their lectures and smugness.

blueskyinmarch Sun 15-Jan-17 12:51:18

She sounds like a bore. What does she eat and drink when you are out?

CactusFred Sun 15-Jan-17 12:51:41

I have a friend like this. I actually said in the end that while I appreciate this is a big part of her life it's not so much mine and could we lay off the unwanted 'advice'. She was mortified as she didn't really realise she did it as much as she did.

She rarely mentions it now!

MuseumOfCurry Sun 15-Jan-17 12:52:06

but you are very unreasonable to buy your kids Krispy Kreme as a treat!

No, she is not.

I couldn't deal with this, please do tell her to fuck off.

DontTouchTheMoustache Sun 15-Jan-17 12:52:53

notcontent I love me a Krispy kream and I can assure you the last thing on my mind when eating one is how natural the ingredients are. Maybe if I'm have a smoothie that would be something I think about. But not when I'm scranning a donut!

Wishforsnow Sun 15-Jan-17 12:54:28

I have a colleague that does this. It is so tedious. I just smile politely and eat whatever horrendous calorie filled item. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much but she is at least twice the size of me and always on a diet.

SparkleShinyGlitter Sun 15-Jan-17 12:55:23

People are weird. Some people seem to think 1 doughnut will cause weight gain confused when it's the overall diet that counts.

We have people like it at work that tell me I shouldn't eat my fruit due to sugar but they sit there eating porridge pots ( the add hot water things) and huge latte. Just fuck off I couldn't care less what you think if my fruit/biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now