Talk

Advanced search

To skulk around these posts hoping a fight will break out?

(53 Posts)
panicstationscentral Sat 14-Jan-17 22:37:41

Just that really. I'm addicted to MN but only because I kind of love it when people have a go at one another. Especially when it's some class based bitchiness from the Waitrose crowd. I feel like a twisted bastard but also #sorrynotsorry

My favourite was when some people found it 'common' that people bought cards with names on 'daughter, dad, mum and shock nan' ... wtf?! I also enjoyed a thread where landlords were bitching about their tenants.

What are the most judgemental comments you have seen on mumsnet?

RitaCrudgington Sat 14-Jan-17 22:40:56

I'm torn when the S&B Massive get their claws into Marks &Spencer's latest collection. I want to be supportive of M&S who seem to be a relatively decent British company who avoid sweatshops and pay their taxes. But OTOH the threads ripping them to shreds are just so funny.

PicardsCombOver Sat 14-Jan-17 22:44:49

Go on the fattist thread Op. You'll find that delightful. I feel like I've been ripped a new one. I'm not usually a delicate little poppet either.

Ditsyprint40 Sat 14-Jan-17 22:44:57

Might be being thick but... what is the S&B Massive??

Domino20 Sat 14-Jan-17 22:45:37

The threads about Christmas tat on FB made me very sad.

picklemepopcorn Sat 14-Jan-17 22:47:14

The general nastiness about different ways of raising children 'How dare you say my way isn't the best, you must be a snotty judgemental cow'.

Bejazzled Sat 14-Jan-17 22:48:23

But the "Waitrose crowd" are all "posh" "well dressed" and "disablist" dontcha know

CatThiefKeith Sat 14-Jan-17 22:49:14

Class threads always make me alternate between shockgrinand confused.

Any thread asking which class you are and why you think that will always descent into a bunfight. It's the law

skippy67 Sat 14-Jan-17 22:50:29

S&B = Style and Beauty

panicstationscentral Sat 14-Jan-17 22:51:02

Christmas tat? Yes I must admit it makes me a bit sad too that one.

These things are always worse as well when the poster makes out like it's so cringeworthy. No love. What's cringeworthy is that you've liked your friend's Christmas tat post and then scuttled of to bitch about it with a bunch of strangers...

Says me trying to instigate a bitching session with a bunch of strangers.

Ditsyprint40 Sat 14-Jan-17 22:51:13

Ah - thanks skippy

Parrish Sat 14-Jan-17 22:51:37

I always skulk around the Mumsnet Edinburgh page hoping for a barney. It's almost exclusively English (London) people moving to Edinburgh, squealing about how cheap life is UP HERE, what private schools are best and how many English Accents they can hear from their house (thank goodness eh?) I always hope someone will go Trainspotting on their arses and no-one ever does. We are all unfailingly polite and welcoming <disappointed>

UnmentionedElephantDildo Sat 14-Jan-17 22:51:58

I like the funny comments when it's obvs a journo trawling for things they can rip off from MN.

PickAChew Sat 14-Jan-17 22:52:02

Never experienced a good punch up in Waitrose. You need to go to ASDA for that. (Will shop wherever is convenient, on the day, but definitely find more worth buying at some supermarkets than others - still not forgiven ASDA for making their cheep and really very cheerful doughnuts a lot cheaper and really quite shit)

panicstationscentral Sat 14-Jan-17 22:53:23

gringringrin
I'm delighted. So many new places to stalk! Thank you all!

Magzmarsh Sat 14-Jan-17 22:53:56

I'll confess I'd never heard of Boden until MN. It still confuses me, is it a shop or some kind of secret code 😕

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 14-Jan-17 22:53:58

I don't like fights when it involves the op (unless a troll) but the threads where posters start fighting among themselves usually due to some imagined situation dreamt up vaguely relating to a post by the op are quite amusing.

paxillin Sat 14-Jan-17 22:54:17

Thread titles with the words "benefits", "pyjamas" and "public eating" activate a siren at HQ.

panicstationscentral Sat 14-Jan-17 22:54:39

Off not of ...

PickAChew Sat 14-Jan-17 22:54:48

MN Durham is nowhere near as entertaining Parrish - it's currently full of us all admitting that there's things we still find really confusing despite living there forever!

HeddaGarbled Sat 14-Jan-17 22:55:57

I enjoy it when someone comes on AIBU being massively unreasonable (e.g. Maui) and everyone piles in and tells them so.

I hate it when two posters have a personal ding dong and disrail from the OP's original problem.

Parrish Sat 14-Jan-17 22:56:33

Come over to the dark side Pickachew

It's hilarious and tedious, you'd think no-one moved anywhere else in the works!

ellamoromou Sat 14-Jan-17 22:57:38

common' that people bought cards with names on 'daughter, dad, mum and shock nan' ... wtf?!

eh?? you have to be joking surely?! shock

Magzmarsh Sat 14-Jan-17 22:57:59

I live in Edinburgh I'd happily go trainspptting on their arses grin my nephew is in the film boast boast 😎

RitaCrudgington Sat 14-Jan-17 22:59:49

Oh yes - Media Reqests has been the home of some epic hack baiting. "Are you a SAHM who hits the wine as soon as you get home from the school run, and do you want to tell The Wright Stuff all about it?" was a personal favourite. Sadly MNHQ tends to delete the threads with the most…forthright responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now