Advanced search

to describe DH as a sink plunger *****warning - TMI******

(33 Posts)
Verticalvenetianblinds Sat 14-Jan-17 20:02:01

i'm really sorry, but its a 'do i need to see a gp' kinda thread, and tmi. But its a saturday night and theres nothing decent to occupy my little head.
A bit of background: 2 children, both naturally, both 3rd degree tears and surgery, then physio. Had a coil fitted after ds who is now 18 months.
no real problems but recently i've been bleeding after sex for a couple of days, then discharge like ovulation. its quite heavy for those 2 days, i use a mooncup so am aware of how much. It looks like a period, but no period pain etc etc.
Basically i think DH is having a sink plunger effect. We leave it a few days, then the same happens again even tho i'm not due.
Is this a thing?
AIBU to be concerned?
sometimes i've had leftover bleeding a couple of days after a period, but not normally mid cycle. Its been going on for a few months now, but because its period like in texture and colour and then the egg-white like discharge on the 3rd day i just thought id got my dates mixed up.
But surely if its a tear or something itd be fresh blood?
And if i go to the GP how can i describe it without saying dh does me with his sink plunger affect penis?! grin

Kerberos Sat 14-Jan-17 20:04:46

When was your last smear test?

GreenTureen Sat 14-Jan-17 20:06:42

Don't mention a sink plunger! Just go and say you're bleeding after sex regularly and you'd like it checked out.

HardcoreLadyType Sat 14-Jan-17 20:07:13

Just say you're bleeding after sex? No need to mention sink plungers at all, I wouldn't have thought.

Sparklingbrook Sat 14-Jan-17 20:09:22

'Hello Doctor, I am experiencing bleeding after sex'.

Badhairday1001 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:10:18

Definitely go to the doctor and just say your bleeding after sex.

Littleallovertheshop Sat 14-Jan-17 20:11:02

Gp asap - could be nothing but could be something.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 14-Jan-17 20:15:55

Orgasm causes smooth muscle contractions in the uterus. If you have a coil, the uterus contracting could cause a bit of bleeding. If you have an orgasm without your sink plunger DH being involved, does the bleeding still happen? If so, it's not him.

Verticalvenetianblinds Sat 14-Jan-17 20:15:58

but is it really bleeding if its not fresh blood? just looks like a clean out!

Verticalvenetianblinds Sat 14-Jan-17 20:16:48

havent had the chance to try on my own - will do tho grin

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Sat 14-Jan-17 20:17:13

I had something similar, had cells that needed removing via culposcopy,very easy less painful than a smear test! Go see your gp!

MrsPeelyWally Sat 14-Jan-17 20:17:57

It could be a cervical erosion and it needs seen by a Dr.

LostSight Sat 14-Jan-17 20:19:41

I had bleeding after sex and discharge. It was a fibroid. See your GP and they will probably send you to a gynaecologist. Good luck.

stella23 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:20:16

Why would you not go though? you wouldn't be wasting their time

Mousybrown Sat 14-Jan-17 20:22:18

I had bleeding after sex and I had CIN3 which needed a colposcopy and loop biopsy thing

HelenaGWells Sat 14-Jan-17 20:26:09

Bleeding after sex always needs checking. It could be one of many things but most need treatment. Just go.

Isadora2007 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:29:03

In have a fibroid at the neck of my womb and it causes bleeding after sex. Also ectropian (sp?) cells which were (unsuccessfully) treated with silver nitrate.
Just see your GP and don't mention sink plungers. confused

PurpleDaisies Sat 14-Jan-17 20:31:39

Bleeding after sex absolutely needs checking out. You need to make an appointment to see your gp.

ZanyMobster Sat 14-Jan-17 20:32:34

I had the same, it was cervical erosion potentially caused by the mini pill. I have my cervix cauterized and it solved the problem.

TwatteryFlowers Sat 14-Jan-17 20:36:51

Always, always see your gp for any unexplained mid-cycle bleeding, incl. bleeding after sex. It could be something simple like cervical erosion or an infection but it could also be something more serious. That's what I had and, without wishing to alarm you, it turned out to be cin lll with some early stage cervical cancer. The bleeding I experienced was brownish, like the blood you get at the end of your period, but was mixed in with discharge, semen and lube so looked quite slimy.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:43:54

Kerberos what you said! OP get an appointment with a GP asap, better to get checked out than leave it

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sat 14-Jan-17 20:44:00

Don't not panic, it's probably nothing. However those guys are right, my friend had this for 4 months, she basically has inoperable cervical cancer

Pppplllllleeeeease go to the gp

teraculum29 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:46:15

you need to see the doctor. Blood after sex is usually a sign of infection.

AuntieStella Sat 14-Jan-17 20:52:53

It can also be a symptom of polyps.

You need to see your GP asap and get a referral for a gynae once-over.

Verticalvenetianblinds Sat 14-Jan-17 21:05:28

holy fuck. alright you lot, mn has spoken. making an appointment for monday! will update you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: