Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to discard all my bras and buy new

(24 Posts)
pelicantown Sat 14-Jan-17 19:30:25

I have never had sore nipples - not growing up, not during 6 pregnancies , not through breastfeeding them to toddlerhood. I just haven't. I used to mock my friend who complained about it during pregnancy - I thought she was exaggerating.

Now for no reason at all for the last week they are so so sore . It feels like I have just two massive bruises on my front. I am not pregnant (dh has had a vasectomy) it could be hormonal as my period is due but if it is it's he first time in my life that it's happened.

I am 33 I'm hoping it's nothing age related but anyway.

AIBU to just go out on a bra shopping spree - I kind of feel bad replacing things which are perfectly good but my chest need love and I'm thinking some kind of super soft material.. .

I should add we don't have a LOT of spare money ATM - if we did I wouldn't think twice!

MommaGee Sat 14-Jan-17 19:37:35

Can you go buy breast pada like you use when breastfeeding? Cheaper and more sensible

monkeysox Sat 14-Jan-17 19:39:09

How long have you had your bras? Do they fit?
My (.)(.) hurt hormonally and were awful when pg.
flowers

pelicantown Sat 14-Jan-17 19:40:49

Momma I have tried putting cotton wool pads in there which helped a little so breastpads may be better. I feel a bit silly wearing breastpads when I am not pregnant or breastfeeding blush

BusterGonad Sat 14-Jan-17 19:42:22

Are your boobs jingling about in the bras? Have you lost weight? Have you been measured recently? I'd get measured then decide. There is no better feeling than a new well fitting bra!

Helspopje Sat 14-Jan-17 19:44:06

If they are painful or in any other way odd I wouod go get checked out.

pelicantown Sat 14-Jan-17 19:44:41

I don't think they are jiggling around - not that I have noticed! You are right I could get measured and see what they say. Then decide if it's worth it. I will never take my boobs for granted again grin

MommaGee Sat 14-Jan-17 19:44:51

No harm on getting remeasured to be sure
No one will know about the pads and your nipples will be snuggly warm haha

NewYearNewNames Sat 14-Jan-17 19:45:13

If you are big enough go into Bravissimo and get one checked, or look online at their guide.
Nipple pain can be sinister so you need to see your doctor if it doesn't clear up.

Girlsworld92 Sat 14-Jan-17 19:47:37

I would say get checked by the docs. It's prob just an ill fitting bra like you say but any changes should be checked x

kerryob Sat 14-Jan-17 19:51:04

See your GP and get them checked any changes like that should be looked at if it's not normal for you

pelicantown Sat 14-Jan-17 20:03:25

Really even if it's both sides? I always imagined anything sinister would just be one shock

4yoniD Sat 14-Jan-17 20:07:41

Can you get breast thrush when not bf'ing? If so, tumble dry your bras. They may not survive, but if your chucking them anyway...

marthastew Sat 14-Jan-17 20:10:54

Agree that it's a trip to GP but if you do decide to get ride of any bras, please consider this organisation.

http://www.smallsforall.org/

228agreenend Sat 14-Jan-17 20:13:42

Just bought some new bras for almost the same reason (itchy breasts).

Worth a quick visit to the go to check them out (I did, all okay).

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 14-Jan-17 20:19:22

Always better to be safe than sorry, the pain is probably nothing but get yourself checked out just in case.

streetylight Sat 14-Jan-17 22:42:23

Have you changed your washing detergent/conditioner recently?

I had this recently and have decided it's because it's been so cold recently and that has caused friction between the bra and my erect nipples! blush I believe runners have this problem to. I've started to wear more layers to avoid that area getting cold.

pringlecat Sat 14-Jan-17 22:44:04

When is the last time you got fitted? If the answer is more than 6 months, definitely go make an appointment!

PickAChew Sat 14-Jan-17 22:46:34

You really don't have to be big to go to bravissimo. I'm 32GG and not exactly Dolly Partonesque. DD is nothing in comparison.

PickAChew Sat 14-Jan-17 22:48:58

And discomfort can just be the shape of the wires - some of mine have started hurting like hell the week before my period. Others, another brand, fit just as well, normally, but definitely a slightly different shape, have been fine.

Lazyafternoon Sun 15-Jan-17 08:20:14

Please please please get it checked out rather than blaming your bras! Any changes should be checked. There's a lemons meme going round that this reminded me of.

Lunar1 Sun 15-Jan-17 08:23:20

I'd also check you are not pregnant. My friend was 18 months after her dh had the snip. Their ds looks like his clone thankfully. She still had a DNA test done just so he knew without any doubt.

Lazyafternoon Sun 15-Jan-17 08:23:30

This one...

pelicantown Sun 15-Jan-17 20:50:14

Ok I will double check if it keeps up!

My period was due today and it's not shown up yet. I usually have very regular cycles so I'm kind of sweating a bit that it's not coming.
Which is ridiculous. Dh is "snipped" andnot once in many pregnancies have I ever had sore nipples as a symptomgrin.

Hopefully I'll wake up to the wonderful feeling of someone crushing my insides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now