Talk

Advanced search

Constant cold and bugs

(6 Posts)
Sickofthisnow Sat 14-Jan-17 17:49:22

Since October I have had three bad cold bugs. There have been about three weeks since then where I haven't been under the weather. I don't mean just coughing and sneezing I mean exhaustion, headaches, aches all over, hacking cough.

I was OK again at the beginning of this week and Wednesday went down with something else. I'm so fed up! It's stopping me doing anything social and interfering with my performance at work. I had days off before Christmas and can't take any more off really.

I am usually relatively fit and healthy but there have been various things going round the office and now I feel back to square one. I am so so sick of this. Taking echinacea and trying to rest but can't keep letting people down and cancelling arrangements. It's getting to the point where I'm anxious if I have an arrangement in the diary as I don't know if I will be well enough or not to go to it. What can I do to try and get back on track?

augustbody Sat 14-Jan-17 17:58:40

I have no advice but just wanted to post in solidarity as I have had exactly the same thing. I normally pride myself in being so healthy and not succumbing to what everyone else gets but this year I have been constantly not right. Everyone seems really ill this year.

i hope it's not Armageddon flu

OutOfOffice Sat 14-Jan-17 17:59:01

Same here, I haven't felt 100% for at least a couple of months sad

I'm going to radically change my diet as of tomorrow and try to eat at least 8 portions of fruit and veg. Hoping that will make a difference!

Giddyaunt18 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:24:46

I think this year there has been a slow to clear cold/flu virus doing the rounds. I had it over Christmas, lasted 2 weeks, now various colleagues and family members have the same. Before that I had the first cold I'd had in 3 years and like you I smugly thought I was immune to these things.If you are run down with one thing you're likely to pick the next thing up easily. In my opinion sleep and diet are the most important and trying to fir in some light exercise like walking regularly. Oh and wash your hands throughout the day .Get well soon.

Thinkingofausername1 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:32:08

Know the feeling. Just rest when you can,drink plenty of water. Maybe invest in some multivitamins??

backtowork2015 Sat 14-Jan-17 18:41:20

I've had a cough since early Dec and a head cold since Xmas. Am sick of being ill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now