Talk

Advanced search

Aibu listening to my hubby struggling dealing with the baby and the toddler

(5 Posts)
Mumto2uk Sat 14-Jan-17 10:01:49

I've been up most the night with the baby teething, so I'm currently laying in bed (can't sleep) but having a rest looking at MN. I can hear my husband quite flustered down stairs dealing with a toddler tantrum and the baby who wants attention. I am exhausted and am slightly smug and have some weird satisfaction of him having to deal with two under 5's for an hour or so by himself. AIBU not get up and go and help him? Must state the children are not distressed or obviously I would jump up and help and husband when not working does always help out but very often has both children by himself. Should I go and help? hmm

Balonder Sat 14-Jan-17 10:04:32

No! You should stay in bed. They know where you are if they need you.

edwinbear Sat 14-Jan-17 10:05:10

YANBU I'm sure he can cope and you've been dealing with it all night.

Pagwatch Sat 14-Jan-17 10:06:49

No. don't go and help.
If he was struggling and you'd just awoken from 10 hours blissful sleep then yes but as that's not the case, no.

its a life skill which grows with practice. My DH was as good with all three children as me because we never assumed he wouldn't be.

NapQueen Sat 14-Jan-17 10:07:21

The only way he will learn is by doing it. You stepping in would be doing a disservice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now