Talk

Advanced search

to ignore these messages?

(13 Posts)
PyongyangKipperbang Sat 14-Jan-17 01:31:30

Ex from 20+ years ago, still see him a fair amount as he lives next door to exDH. He is married with kids.

Occasionally I get twitter PMs from him, not exactly inappropriate but they tread a very fine line. Not sure if its an affair he is after or just interactive wank fodder, but either way I am not interested. They are usually late night, 11 ish onwards, so I just ignore them (can you tell if a PM on twitter has been read? Never sent one!).

I act fine around him when I see him, perfectly normally and dont mention the messages. The way I see it, if I dont respond and dont mention them then he will get the message that I am not interested. But Iwas just chatting to my sister and she says that I should make it quite clear that he isnt to contact me that way again.

I am inclined to think that he has had a drink when he sends them as they are always late and on a weekend (he seems to send several messages on an evening, usually 6 months or so apart) so is probably not thinking straight. If he was seriously persuing me then he would do it at any time of the day and would persist surely?

WWYD? AIBU to just act as if I havent received them?

WatchingFromTheWings Sat 14-Jan-17 01:34:02

I'd just block him then carry on as normal tbh.

Rubyslippers7780 Sat 14-Jan-17 01:35:15

Block and ignore.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 14-Jan-17 01:35:28

Late at night = Booty call.

Ignore the chump.

Birdsgottafly Sat 14-Jan-17 01:36:33

Don't assume that he's not thinking straight, I know loads of people whose sex life invludes sex texting and Skyping.

He wants you to respond.

I agree with your Sister, is there a reason why you're keeping in contact with him? Are you in a relationship?

PyongyangKipperbang Sat 14-Jan-17 01:46:33

I am married.

I dont keep in contact, he follows me on Twitter, I dont follow him.

I often see him and/or his wife when I am at exDH's for the kids and DS plays with his son a lot when they are there EOW with exDH. So its not a case of keeping contact so much as not saying "I dont want any contact with you".

As I said its about once every 6 months or so and I ignore it every time. I just dont see it as a big issue, I ignore it and he stops.

I really dont want to make a fuss over something that doesnt bother me and might make things awkward for exDH and DS.

Birdsgottafly Sat 14-Jan-17 02:36:19

I'd block him, but I'd get offended that I was someone he thought he'd try his luck with and it pisses me off that men get away with this behaviour, whilst Women get ostracised, so I'd end up saying something.

showmeislands Sat 14-Jan-17 03:17:49

If you don't follow him, how can he send you PMs? You need to mutually follow each other to send private messages.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Sat 14-Jan-17 03:42:43

Similar experience here.

Block. Seriously.

GruochMacAlpin Sat 14-Jan-17 03:46:23

You need to block him.

PyongyangKipperbang Sat 14-Jan-17 04:09:36

showme I am not following him but I do have the "allow DM from anyone" thingy checked, or I did, on my settings which I have now changed.

Have also blocked.

I didnt really think much of it tbh, but on balance its probably better to make it clear without actually kicking up a stink with a big row as my sister suggested!

QueenCarpetJewels Sat 14-Jan-17 04:13:24

showmeislands Twitter changed that a while back, people who aren't mutually following each other can in fact DM each other - there's a setting for it.

OP I would just block him or carry on ignoring as you are doing.

CakesRUs Sat 14-Jan-17 07:27:40

You did the right thing. He's got a brass neck on him, persistent little blighter, isn't he? You'd think he'd get the message when you don't respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now